What's new
What's new

OT Gas burner not working correctly

ARB

Titanium
I have nice little gas grill that has a single round Cast bronze burner. Looks like R2D2.
Up until recently it has worked great. Now it will only run at a low flame. The gas tank seems pretty heavy so I don't think it is out of fuel. I also tried running it on a new 1 pound tank. Same result. Could it be that the gas control valve has given up? This thing sits on a covered porch with a cover over it. If it is the valve will most any grill valve work? I bought this thing from Blowes and I am doubtful that I will find parts in the store. Heck I can't find them on the internet.

FWIW it is a Perfect Flame model SSP-2010.

Thanks
Adam

Does the gas adjust via only a regulator or a regulator and a valve? If regulator and valve check the regulator. also check the orifice. Do not enlarge. If you hadn't tried running the thing on a one lb cylinder I would suggest that you unhook the tank and throw it on the ground to free up the internal safety valve that sometimes get stuck if the tank is tipped.

Hmmmm. What looked like a bronze burner is rusted inside and out pretty bad. There were giant rust flakes in the air intake tube. I beat the crap out of the burner and cleaned out the huge rust chunks.

Kinda pissed that what looked like a bronze burner is really an Iron burner.

Seems to be working now that I gave it some hammer therapy.:D

Thanks

Pull the burner and check for dirt dobber nets next to the air intake / mixer at the end of the tube(s). (Been there.....)

That's always the problem on mine. The fresh air mixer filled with dirt dobber nests.:D

JAckal:cheers:

Back