What's new
What's new

FWIW, finally have a proper homepage at PM

Hmm, that's interesting Don. It puzzled me for a minute or two and then after some thought I clicked on the CNC icon and got the forums. Well, it will make us look at our own info now.

Hmmm

You can get to the forums by clicking on the "Practical Machinist" header as well.

Looks nice, and I like to colors, but....

The browser's title bar reads only "Home".
Most other pages read "Practical Machinist (etc)". :confused:

Don -

Looking good!

While I'm typing here, let me once again thank you for keeping this forum on the air, and well moderated. I have so much to learn about machining I seem to pick up something new almost every day.

Cheers,

Frank Ford
Home Shop Tech

I like it..... so far.... I'm a bit apprehensive when thinking of how crowded it might get with the above mentioned added. (I'll now get out before I get trounced...):leaving:
Nah...will just replace the birthday list ! (does anyone really care about such things ? )

Nah...will just replace the birthday list ! (does anyone really care about such things ? )

This is primarily a "guys" forum eh?

I have not goten any of my chumms a b-day present since I was invited to their patys as a kid. And with #42 comming up - I am sure that I will get many B-day cards. :nutter: Why?

If enything send them to my mom for Peteys sakes! :rolleyes5:

I never filled out the B-day part of any of these forums. I don't need some 'putor generated e-mail comming in and adding to the number of stuff that I need to sift through. :rolleyes5: And I SURE as heck don't need to log onto a forums to see a "Happy B-Day" thread. I am not on some teeny-bopper site eh?

I doo feel that there is some value in the prox age of the person giving out advice, but these sites won't accept a yr w/o filling in the month and day. Heck - I'd even fill in the month. Of course I'm a dumb sledder - I was borned in Dec! ;)

If you have eny REAL news - please accept this as my vote to replace that special spot for such things as [active] member deaths or whatnot.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox, a simple "no" would have been sufficient ;)

Mark Mc... how this could be a "step back" is inconceivable considering what was there before was one photo and a note to click on the photo to enter the forum. Did you spend hours gazing at that photo and now you're upset that you can no longer do so ? :nutter:

Bottom line is the homepage was worthless before and now it's at least on the path to redemption. Be patient and be assured it will never look like that sleezy "Zone" place that you nontheless apparently hang out at on occasion ! :vomit:

Don,no I did not spend hours gazing at the photo.And yes I appreciate that you are experimenting.I fully understand the need to bring the site forward and to grow it and that while this is happening there may be changes that don`t suit me,but,never the less it is still my favourite site.
As for the "sleazy" zone,yes I read it,yes I post there.For me it usually loads extremely quickly,and as I`ve posted before for purely technical help it is better for me than PM usually is.I find if I ask something technical there I get answers and while I may get answers here I usually also get a load of irrelevant responses also.Probably not as many as you sometimes get though.

and as I`ve posted before for purely technical help it is better for me than PM usually is.I find if I ask something technical there I get answers and while I may get answers here I usually also get a load of irrelevant responses also.Probably not as many as you sometimes get though.
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone that wasn't a hobbiest mucking about with home shop grade CNC machines tout the Zoney as "better" than PM for technical answers. So, I'm now curious as to an example of this. Was there someone there that knew even more than me about converting low frequency CRT to LCD monitors, for example ? Or are you taking about specific CAD issues, or programming issues, or ? :confused:

Back