What's new
What's new

How can I find somebody who can thread 4" cast iron drain pipe?

jscpm

Titanium
I need to internally thread some 4" cast iron drain pipe to receive a brass drain (cleanout) plug.

Who does stuff like that?

Located in Boston.

TD is right. Is this no-hub or caulked joint. Both are available at wholesale houses. Some will come with 3½", but also available with 4" threaded brass plug. Raised head or countersunk.

Aw come on now Sami....I figured you'd be on the next boat there, to
personally crank a 4" tap into the floor for the OP....:D

I think you can get tea there too, to make your stay just like home.
They cleared up the whole import taxation issue
a wee bit ago....;)

Very droll DiggerDoug ;)

Seeing as I was yarning and hot lead caulking soil (above ground to you) and drain (underground) joints when I was about 10 years old I figured 1, I've done my fair share. 2, They couldn't afford the travelling time. 3, There must be another idiot your side of the pond willing to do it. .........and 4, It ain't my shit brother. :D

Aw come on now Sami....I figured you'd be on the next boat there, to
personally crank a 4" tap into the floor for the OP....:D

I think you can get tea there too, to make your stay just like home.
They cleared up the whole import taxation issue
a wee bit ago....;)

I'd like to see the cheater pipe on that tap handle

A plumbing store? Even the best of them? To cut INTERNAL threads in CI drain pipe. You gotta be kidding. I will hear the laughter from here.

Look for someone with a storage yard like this.

attachment.php

have you tried a plumbing store? Not HD or lowes, but a real plumbing store.

A plumbing store? Even the best of them? To cut INTERNAL threads in CI drain pipe. You gotta be kidding. I will hear the laughter from here.

Look for someone with a storage yard like this.

attachment.php

I didn't really mean "Store", but a professional industrial plumbing supplier. But hey, thanks for chiming in for no other reason to be an ass. :D

"Cambridge, our fair city, Mass"....

Go and get "click" to do it.*

*"clack" is dead.

Seriously, is the reason for CI, have to do with old time
plumbing codes ?

The inner city of Erie is like that, no PVC allowed.

Cast iron is WAY better at deadening water noise. I have it in most of my house (yes it's old) and can't even hear the water flowing in the drains. With the new PVC drain I put in for the sump pump on the other hand it sounds like there's a huge water leak in the wall every time the pump runs.

Heh, if I could afford it on new construction, I'd sure install it. The difference in noise is seriously huge. And PEX is used for supply lines, not drain lines.

Back