What's new
What's new

How to convert old crt screen output to vga

turner15429

Plastic
I'm trying to identify what type of video input I have so I can convert it to a VGA style output. The controller is a yaskawa I 80 and it has one ribbon that split on the end to one four pin flat connector and one 8 pin connector. How can I connect this to a monitor?

I am confused. You show a monitor with the ribbon cable on it. And that ribbon cable has a SIP connector on it's free end.

You want to know what kind of interface this is? And you want to USE that monitor in the photos OR you want to replace it? What doesn't work?

This is apparently a monitor that was connected to your controller (Yaskawa I 80?) with a propriety connection. Do you have any information in the controller manual? Can you get anything from the OEM (Yaskawa)?

I would use a scope to see what signals are present on those 12 pins. I suspect the heavier black and red wires are power and ground, but that would be easy to verify with a scope. After that I would look for video, sync (H, V, or composit), and then what the heck are the other 7 or 8 pins for. That looks like it could be a color monitor so that could explain two or three more pins but that still leaves about five: they could be unused. And are the video signals analog or digital? Analog video and sync signals would be around 1 Volt, peak to peak if they used standard levels. Digital ones would be around 5 V p-p, again if they used standard levels.

A scope is your friend here. And VGA may or may not be your best bet for replacing it.

You may be able to just cross the wires correctly for a VGA monitor or perhaps not.

I'm trying to identify what type of video input I have so I can convert it to a VGA style output. The controller is a yaskawa I 80 and it has one ribbon that split on the end to one four pin flat connector and one 8 pin connector. How can I connect this to a monitor?

Back