What's new
What's new

Firefox users... can you "log out" of PM ok ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Been some curious issues with new registrations for potential new members and logging out for existing members here, if using Firefox. All works fine with IE. Anyone else with Firefox having troubles of this nature ?

I had issues logging in. With FF3. I logged in, got the "thanks" splash screen. Then the default page popped back up, as if I was NOT logged in. As soon a I clicked a thread all was good, and is good.

I'm a computer illiterate, so take this with a cup of salt:

I use Firefox, and never actually "log out" , just close the browser or click on a new bookmark-Always worked fine, and still does-except over the last week???-the highlighted new posts/new threads feature seems to be a little off. It is working, but doesn't seem correctly synchronized to when I actually last visited.

Scott

having problems logging in also. if i use the login at the top right of the screen i get the splash screen that says welcome but then i'm still not logged in. to log in i have to use the login in the middle of the screen on what is currently the main page.

Tried it, liked it.

Then again, I re-installed all my windows stuff about 3 weeks ago so everything still works.

No problems with these on WindowsXP:
Firefox 2.0.0.17​
Google Chrome 0.2.149.30​
Or on Ubuntu Linux:
Firefox 3.0.1​
Konqueror 3.5.10​
lynx 2.8.6 (text mode browser for serial terminals; has it's uses)​

No problem out and back in. I will admit that in the 3 or 4 years of daily check in I have only logged out a handful of times.
One thing I neglected to mention, is when you log out, then click the "take me back to the previous page" (or whatever it says) and make sure you are still logged out. Some instances of logging out, getting the logged out page, but then going back to forum pages and find you are still logged in.

Milacron

Logged out & went back to the General New page no problem, then went & logged back in with no problem.

One thing I like is that you clear the cookies when I log out.

Jackmo

I logged out and back in no problem. But, I did as you suggest, hit the back button in the browser and was still logged in. Firefox 3.0.3

Back