What's new
What's new

Spring clip manufacturer (UK)

Billtodd

Titanium
Anyone know of a spring clip manufacturer in the UK (or elsewhere, if cheap :))
that will make custom spring clips in small quantities (~100s)?

See attached picture: It is 16mm ~5/8" wide could be brass/bronze or spring steel

Bill

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 252
Could you in anyway modifiy the design so it will work in spring wire? Theres a fair few places set up for making low qty springs of very odd designs in wire. Some very very local to you!

If you want to send me a more detailed view - More dims - tolerances i would be happy to quote it to be laser cut and then bent. But the tag would then be the laser kurf narrower than the slot. i do a lot of small steel bracketry for classic cars. If brass would be springy enough for your needs cold rolled mild steel sheet might be too. Can get it plated if needed? Contact info is in my profile.

Could you in anyway modifiy the design so it will work in spring wire? Theres a fair few places set up for making low qty springs of very odd designs in wire. Some very very local to you!

Hmm, wire spring... I'd have to think about that :)

If you want to send me a more detailed view - More dims - tolerances i would be happy to quote it to be laser cut and then bent. But the tag would then be the laser kurf narrower than the slot. i do a lot of small steel bracketry for classic cars. If brass would be springy enough for your needs cold rolled mild steel sheet might be too. Can get it plated if needed? Contact info is in my profile.

Adam (?) ,

I haven't finalised the design yet, so I'm happy to modify it to make it easier to manufacture (the laser kurf would not be a problem and unplated steel would probably be OK).

I'll pass your contact info on to Jim, the guy who'll be organising the manufacturing etc.

Thanks,

Bill

Back