What's new
What's new

how to reduce rpm of a 2.2kw single phase motor?

eltonpiko

Plastic
hi all i have a planetary mixer which come equipped with a 1.1kw three phase 380v motor but i cannot use it as i do not have 3phase connection only single phase 250v.

i have a single phase 2.2kw 1400rpm motor that i would like to put in the mixer but the rpm is too high. what can i get to reduce the rpm to 400 so i dont have to buy a new motor and use the one i currently have.

You can not really reduce the rpm that much because if it goes below a certain rpm the start winding will be energized. these will burn out in a minute or less if left powered on.
Any chance of finding a transformer to get the correct voltage? You would then have to get a VFD or phase converter as well.
Bill D

You can not really reduce the rpm that much because if it goes below a certain rpm the start winding will be energized. these will burn out in a minute or less if left powered on.
Any chance of finding a transformer to get the correct voltage? You would then have to get a VFD or phase converter as well.
You will have a very hard time finding any motor that is only 400RPM. Is that the factory speed or is that after some gearing and belts?
Bill D

Back