What's new
What's new

Recommendations for machine tool lamps ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
We are all familiar with the below, but was thinking of something similar but with smaller light head...for a small Swiss lathe. Kills me that I had the perfect lamp sitting on a Swiss point welding machine for years and only just recently sold/shipped the machine...and yet I could have sold it for exactly the same amount without the lamp. :angry:

Prefer straight arm jointed types like below...not infinite bend types that rarely stay in position.

lights008.jpg

I'm not sure what make of lamp is in your picture so if it is a Waldman lamp my suggestion is probably not helpful to you. BUT, but it looks to me that some of the newer Waldman lamps on their web site have smaller heads. It might be worth asking for sizes. You probably would not like the prices though. Incidentally. I would love to find one of the old fashioned rectangular Waldman lamps with long jointed arms, but they don't seem to make them any more.

The more I think about this, the more I realize I need to construct a plywood "kick me" machine. That lamp on the Swiss contact welder would have been *perfect* for this little Swiss lathe, and here I had it sitting around for nearly a *decade* and just last month shipped it off with the machine. And yet the buyer in India almost certainly couldn't care less about having a lamp on the machine, much less a cool Swiss lamp....aaaaarrrrgh ! :wall: :o

Back