What's new
What's new

Hydraulic Press not Pressing

Joe216

Plastic
Hello everyone, I have a Herman Schwabe 20 ton clicker that's not working. I've looked for help online and called the manufacturer but keep hitting deadends.

The motor turns ON and the pump appears to be working. After pressing the push button switches to engage the press the solenoid valve engages but nothing else happens.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm suspecting a hydraulic problem since the electrical appears to be working. Could it be the seals? bad dump valve? Is there a way I could use a pressure gauge to narrow down the source of the problem?

Below are the system details:
Manufacturer: Herman Schwabe
Model: DT-Twin A
208Vac/3phase/3HP

Thanks for any adive you might have,
Joe

was this previously running ok? if you just hooked it up, the first thing I would check is the motor direction, if the phases are reversed then everything would appear ok but no joy will come of it.

Last edited:
Hey John, i recently bought the machine and last owner said it was working. You make a very good point in regards to the phase. I installed a 7.5hp rotary phase converter and could've mixed up phases 1 and 3, ill check that out tomorrow.

Thank you very much!

-Joe

Hey guys u were absolutely right!!! Thank you so much. I swapped phases 2 and 3 and sure enough working good now. I can't thank you all enough!

-Joe

Haha, time to disappear. If u have anything that needs to be pressed with 20 tons of pressure im ur guy.

Back