What's new
What's new

source for individual CXA Phase II toolholders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmagpie

Titanium
I don't bother with Enco, Travers or MSC anymore. Their prices are simply way too high. I once owned a Phase II toolpost set and thought it was good quality stuff. You'd think lots of places would carry their products. Yet I can't find them.

Where can I shop for Phase II CXA toolholders online, hopefully with (enormously) better pricing than the MSC combine?

metalmagpie

CDCO will have what you want.

Why do you say that? The particular toolholder I'm looking for right now is a CXA-40/41 equivalent made by Phase II. CDCO doesn't even carry that one period. Nor do they call out the maker of their import toolholders.

But thanks for replying .. BTW shars doesn't have it either.

metalmagpie

You are asking about low grade import stuff on a forum that expressly prohibits it. You say Enco, MSC, and Travers are too expensive for P2 stuff, yet they are discount retailers. Your view of the economics of import tooling is skewed because you are only looking for the throat slashing retailers.

When you step up and purchase good or better quality stuff, you will see that your reviled retailers are actually "cheap" in contrast. Go price an Aloris or Dorian toolpost, then look at the P2, it's a direct copy of those original designs, only made offshore for cheaper.

Believe it or not, Grizzly has Aloris brand CXA boring bar holders (your type 41) for $109, ENCO has them for $157, the P2 is $88.

I'm amazed that Grizzly carries anything of domestic origin and even more amazed of the price.

There are a whole bunch on eBay right now...the first hit for "CXA" is a #41 with only an hour to go. It's now up to $50.00 clams. There are a bunch more in this category, some 'buy it now'. eBay really isn't a bad place to look, if for nothing else than a reality price check.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back