What's new
What's new

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all

Sm412

Aluminum
My thread "Student. Reading ahead. Lost" was a bit premature, as perhaps there were many things I could have tried. The text basically machine guns terms at you, and it was a bit overwhelming. I started to get worried that I wouldn't understand it.

However, google has been an EXCELLENT tool. Every time I come across a foreign term (often), I have my laptop right by me for googling. And I have to say, once I understand what these terms mean, it really isn't that complicated. It's actually very straight forward. Every part of the machine has a specific, logical function, and once I understand the language, the concepts fall right into place.

Anyway, thank you all for replying, and the encouragement, and I apologize if my anxiety is tiresome for you. I actually have an anxiety disorder and senseless worrying is not new to me. I got more responses than I anticipated, so I made a new thread thanking you all.

Feeling very good about this, thanks guys and gals. I look forward to participating on this forum, especially as I learn more.

My thread "Student. Reading ahead. Lost" was a bit premature, as perhaps there were many things I could have tried. The text basically machine guns terms at you, and it was a bit overwhelming. I started to get worried that I wouldn't understand it.

However, google has been an EXCELLENT tool. Every time I come across a foreign term (often), I have my laptop right by me for googling. And I have to say, once I understand what these terms mean, it really isn't that complicated. It's actually very straight forward. Every part of the machine has a specific, logical function, and once I understand the language, the concepts fall right into place.

Anyway, thank you all for replying, and the encouragement, and I apologize if my anxiety is tiresome for you. I actually have an anxiety disorder and senseless worrying is not new to me. I got more responses than I anticipated, so I made a new thread thanking you all.

Feeling very good about this, thanks guys and gals. I look forward to participating on this forum, especially as I learn more.

Are you registered with disablilty services in your school ?

you may be able to get tutors, extra time or a quiet room to write exams and so on?

Are you registered with disablilty services in your school ?

you may be able to get tutors, extra time or a quiet room to write exams and so on?

I'm not but that's a great idea! I just enrolled at this school after moving to a new town, so I'm not yet sure what they offer. I know my old school had a similar program. I usually do pretty well in school, at least with academic classes. Technical classes are a bit more challenging for me. I'll look into it!

QT the Op:[Now I'm in a new town at a new college.]

So how are you paying your bills? working in a machine shop or other?

As much as I don't want to admit it, with a little help from my parents. I work a part time job and do side work where I can. I know a little bit about interior painting as I worked for a contractor last summer. I keep myself busy. I'm hesitant to get a full time job with the course load that I'll be taking. 13 credits, 5 hours a day for my machining course. An 8 hour work day plus 5 hours in the school shop would make the work that I'm going to need to do very difficult if not infeasible. I'm very blessed and grateful that I have family willing to help me. I'm not going to let that opportunity go to waste.

Manufacturing terms.. looks like all from the owner level and few if any form the shop level.. Perhaps that is the problem.

List of Manufacturing Definitions, Explanations & Articles - BusinessDictionary.com

Oh here we go..Glossary of terms for metalworking and machine shops

Wouldn't you know it, they missed Abrasives and Grinding.. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks a ton!

Manufacturing terms.. looks like all from the owner level and few if any form the shop level.. Perhaps that is the problem.

List of Manufacturing Definitions, Explanations & Articles - BusinessDictionary.com

Oh here we go..Glossary of terms for metalworking and machine shops

Wouldn't you know it, they missed Abrasives and Grinding.. Back to the drawing board.

I don't see "R.C.H." or "Tenth" or any of the other slang we use.

R

Back