What's new
What's new

Info on Nardini logic lathe

welderboyjk

Cast Iron
There's a local ad for a Nardini logic lathe. Specifically a logic 175 with a Fagor controller.
Google turns up very little information about them.
I see the center distance is rather short but it may be a good into into turning without breaking the bank.
Anyone have good, bad, ugly info about them? Are parts available? I have seen some reference to them not being supported any more.

Hi
I have an older manual Nardini. I know nothing about the logic lathes.
If you wan't parts or support, don't buy a Nardini. The company still exists but the parts and support has been split off. You might want to try and find the company and try communicating with them before buying a lathe.

The story goes that Nardini was taken over by Germans after WW2. The brochure for my lathe is German/English. The quality of later lathes seems to have plunged. Perhaps coinciding with the passing away of the original Germans.

Don't know where you read that on the internet. Nardini is Brazilian. AFIK, always has been. They been broke ant reorganized several times in the last 15 years. Still in business Nardini SA | -
JR

Yes the company has always been Brazilian. Lots of Germans fled to S.America after the war. Some ended up at Nardini. Evidence of their influence in the company is the German/English brochure I have. The common language of Brazil is Portuguese.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...-new-old-nardini-ms350-here-nardini350-ga.jpg

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...ew-old-nardini-ms350-here-nardini350p0004.jpg

Lots of Germans fled to S.America after the war. Some ended up at Nardini. Evidence of their influence in the company is the German/English brochure I have.

Most of the Brazilians in Brazil were there long before WWII. There might have been some Germans at Nardini, but the brochures are for the export business. Brazil used to have a very large machine tool export business, but most of it is gone. AFAIK, Romi is the only one left.

BTW, recently returned from 60 days in Brazil.
JR

Hi
When I last researched Nardini, they still occupied a small part of the same site, but the main (very large) admin building was for sale. It is quite possible they have closed since then.

The Nardini website is here:
Nardini SA
Google maps shows they are still at the same address. Judging from the number of cars parked, it is only a fraction of its former size.
Reviews complain of no response to contact attempts.

Back