What's new
What's new

"Internet Explorer has stopped working" error

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
and must close down"....used to be a rare event, now happening every 10 minutes it seems like. No such issues with Firefox on same computer. Below are the details of the crash. Any ideas for a cure ?
================================================

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.18372
Application Timestamp: 496f0a55
Fault Module Name: GoogleToolbarDynamic_6BC68FE03E7B66EC.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.1715.1442
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0de5c1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000914c2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Which explorer? Try re-installing the version you have, or upgrade to 8. Have you made and recent changes or additions to your system? Could be a virus that targets IE. Other than that no idea.

Tom

No specific suggestions other than the general ones of hit the M$ update thing for M$ updates and Google for any Google toolbar updates. If it's at all a common problem someone will already have suffered from it.

It's a real shock to the system when you discover that you really are the first person in the world to exercise a particular bug:eek:

I think it is actually a Microsoft problem, it happens to me at least 4-6 times a day along with a lot of other Microsoft things going sideways. :angry:

I am no expert on this, if you recently updated to IE8, you may well need to update your Google toolbar.

Hello,
Had lots of problems with IE 8 and went back to seven. Att dsl support told me to stay away from 8 because of problems.

Brian

I downloaded IE8 at M$ suggestion and it never worked again. I tried to delete it and go back to IE7 and it still would not work. Talked to a Windows tech and he said I would probably have to format the drive and start over because it probably lost some of the registry. I deleted IE completely as I could and have been using Google Chrome since then and it works way better than IE ever did. A friend had to email Firefox and Google because I couldn't even get on the internet then but I could get emails.

I have Firefox and Google Chrome but use Google all the time.

I guess it's hit and miss. Works for some and won't for others.

Google toolbar is bringing it down. c0000005 is the code for a general protection fault. Probably it's calling some function not present in the IE8 API. Update google toolbar or uninstall it. It doesn't do anything remotely useful IMO anyway.

Google toolbar is bringing it down. c0000005 is the code for a general protection fault. Probably it's calling some function not present in the IE8 API. Update google toolbar or uninstall it. It doesn't do anything remotely useful IMO anyway.

That is probably why I'm not having any problems. I never load any of that BS.

Tom

Back