What's new
What's new

interrupting a g code cycle

oompa

Aluminum
Hello,

I own several different varieties of CNC machine tools. Winmax(hurco), trak,and three different versions of fanuc on the lathes and mills. We like that you can interrupt a program at any time on the hurco and then jump back into the cut.

I like running the fanuc machines, but my largest complaint is stopping the cycles to clean out chip build up un unexpectedly.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I have experimented with disassembling the door locks, but this just causes headaches with the control sensors. I believe I should be somehow programming an M1 and the associated spindle commands after every line of code, but that seems terribly inefficient.

Feedhold + stop spindle
Open door, clear swarf,
Spindle on, start feed.

This is how our fanucs work anyway.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sorry this is a little OT but Haas recently did a u-tube video on some good tricks to keep chips from wrapping around ur tools. Instead of stopping everything and getting in there 1 thing was a quick reversal of your spindle above the part which seemed to work well.

Sorry this is a little OT but Haas recently did a u-tube video on some good tricks to keep chips from wrapping around ur tools. Instead of stopping everything and getting in there 1 thing was a quick reversal of your spindle above the part which seemed to work well.

Works on the mill, but not so much the lathe. Unless it's a live tool or mill/turn.

Back