What's new
What's new

LAGUN FTV-2s CNC mill.

rexx42

Plastic
I recently purchased an older Lagun FTV-2S cnc mill and am having trouble with it. The manual that cam with it does not show the model I have. I was wondering if the head swiveled to the left or right as it does in the manual models. These are pics of the head mounting. Any Help is appreciated.
20170715_100924.jpg20170715_100934.jpg

I don't know anything about that machine but a friend of mine just bought a usd Lagun FTV-3 manual mill.
He's made several calls to Lagun's office in the States and he says they have been extremely helpful--best
phone support he's had for any machine he's ever purchased. Give them a call; if you can't find a number I
can get one for you...

For Pete's sake rotate your images.

20170715_135645.jpg

On that mill the head doesn't nod or rotate, but the whole turret will rotate and translate to reach any part of the table.

I checked, no worm bolt. I figured out how to get the motor off and the casing so it most likely will fit under the door once I get it off that pallet.

Number

I don't know anything about that machine but a friend of mine just bought a usd Lagun FTV-3 manual mill.
He's made several calls to Lagun's office in the States and he says they have been extremely helpful--best
phone support he's had for any machine he's ever purchased. Give them a call; if you can't find a number I
can get one for you...

If the number is something other than the one on their website then I would appreciate it.

I don't know if he still works there but last time I had some questions on my 1979 FTV-3 CNC's head Carmen at Lagun USA was very knowledgeable.

With that said, as far as I know you can loosen those bolts up and move the head for tramming but I've never tried to move the head more than a couple degrees. I'd imagine it would move easily when new but with years of use, oxidized coolant, maybe some rust it will probably be a big pain in the ass. There certainly isn't an all-too-easy-to-strip-out worm gear setup like a lot of the J-head bridgeports had.

With that said, depending on how much clearance you need to get it into your garage the easier thing would probably be to pull the power drawbar, remove the nuts holding the varispeed head to the quill and set the varispeed head/motor assembly on the table. Beware that it's a heavy SOB and you will definitely not want to try to do it alone. Pulling the motor itself is a pain in the rear but all that's holding the varispeed head on is 4 nuts/bolts and it should slide up off the drive splines of the quill. Drop the quill as far as you can and the drive splines will also lower for maximum clearance.

Back