What's new

Air Pear

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 9,071

Ox

Diamond
Have you seen obvious benefits that outweigh purchase, instalation, & opperating costs?

14' eve building?

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I just hung convential ceiling fans from pipe where they would just clear the crane the work real good for the cold(running the heater) and are detrimental w hen running the ac.

They are well worth the instal$

The chap with the lock is busy fretting about a computer problem. :)

I'd climb a ladder inside your building rat about now and get up next to the roof and see how balmy it is up there :D

In my little shop it gets toasty up by the ceiling and less so by me on the floor. However in summer (no AC) the cool air drops into the shop and the hottest air leaks into the attic.

I'd climb a ladder inside your building rat about now and get up next to the roof and see how balmy it is up there :D

In my little shop it gets toasty up by the ceiling and less so by me on the floor. However in summer (no AC) the cool air drops into the shop and the hottest air leaks into the attic.

I don't usually notice a huge temp differential when I climb up to the storage area above. (grainery?)
I imagine that there is likely a 10* differance?
Most of our heat comes from machines and such, not the furnace, so maybe this is not as much help as it would be in .. say .. a warehouse app?

Seems like the ads usually show it in a warehouse come to think of it...

???

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox,

Get a salvaged blower from a hot air furnace or air conditioning air handler and stick it up there blowing down. Run an extension cord to it for a trial.

That should do close to the same thing for under $50 and some fooling around.

Paul

Ox,

Get a salvaged blower from a hot air furnace or air conditioning air handler and stick it up there blowing down. Run an extension cord to it for a trial.

That should do close to the same thing for under $50 and some fooling around.

Paul

Actually - down in "the old shop" we had something similar - but for the opposite reason.
That only had 10' eve (for arguements sake anyway) and I had a pc of plywood stuck to the wall up about 8', and chains hanging the outside 2 corners down at a 30* angle (?) Stuffed two small, old, rusty, junky squirrel cage fans up there blowing both left and right. We used it to keep cool in the summer tho.
:D

I have a chumm that tossed a cpl sheap 19" box fans up in his peak, but again - he doesn't generate heat in his shop. (sign painter)

I was wondering if the Air Pear was in any way better, or cheaper to opperate, or ??? compared to a basic fan... ???

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was wondering if the Air Pear was in any way better, or cheaper to opperate, or ??? compared to a basic fan... ???

Find the cubic feet per minute and how many watts the Air Pear uses and try to chase down the cfm of your squirrel cage. Amps on the motor times the voltage will give you the watts.

A box fan hung blowing down would work, less air and less electricity.

You can buy a whole lot of electricity with the difference in price of an Air Pear and a salvaged fan.

I have been able to live way beyond my means by looking at neat, expensive stuff and doing it myself for 1/4 to 1/10 the price.

Paul

I believe the air pear is the same idea as the old fan in a pipe. metal tube say 8-12" diameter hanging vertical with a fan at one end and the bottom is several inches off the ground. Fan can be reversed.
Bill D.

I have worked in shops with them present and never more working than 50% at given time actually working. I have also worked where they are not present or all broken, I can't really say I noticed much difference. Now I have gone to the surplus blowers and they DO make a large difference plus they are quiet and you can direct them to push the air where you want it.

Back