Courville is offline Junior Member

Hello all,
    I have just recently aquired a LeBlond lathe need help with the Model and year. I found the serial number on the tail stock end between the "v". It is NB912. I have pics but don't know how to insert them. It looks very heavy duty maybe from the 40's, appears to have a 14" swing.

Any help?

Thanks

Chris

johnoder is online now Diamond

NB912 is a heavy duty 12" from the early forties. By that time, it was common for "real" 12" lathes to swing 14 1/2"

John

Courville is offline Junior Member

Thanks John,

My Friend confirmed your reply. It's a heavy duty 12" from 1942, 1 of 350 built.

Thanks

Chris

stuball48 is offline Stainless

johnoder:
    I just looked at a Leblond Regal-servo shift. Are you able to help me with and ID? The only ID numbers I saw were 50462-on the tailstock end of the ways on the operators side. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also, I value your opinion on the quality of this lathe---It is in very good shape, cosmetically and operated smoothly.
    Thank you

goldiver is offline Aluminum

stuball48

I bought a LeBlond Regal servoshift last Jan from a guy who had been told it was a 16", but he wasn't sure.....I called LeBlond with the serial #; 4B1106, and was told it was a 13" machine, although a larger turn could be accomodated.....Their records show it was shipped to a company in LA in early "63".....

The letter "B" in the serial is for 13", "C" = 15", "D" = 17" and "E" = 19".....Are you sure the second symbol in the serial isn't a "D"?.....

Call LeBlond ltd, 888 532 5663, or email Roger at: rvirgin@leblondusa.com with the serial #.....They should be able to tell the size & when it was built.....

The machine is great.....After 30+ years of Atlas/Craftsman lathes I finally have something that's accurate and sturdy.....

Jim

Jim:
    No, I am not sure as the numbers were given me over the phone. I will check with Leblond but if it were a D---do you know what that identifies?
    Thanks

Talk with Leblond representative today and he advised me there were no 5D but were some 5C serial numbers. I will get a good look next week and thanks for the help.

Again, thanks to all and I got a good look at the Leblond this afternoon--imagine a machinist working on Sunday--The serial number is 5C-462 and I believe it dates to 1966 and it is a 15" swing with 42" between centers. All I lack is the money to buy it? ha

Forsyth V. is offline Junior Member

Recently bought a LEBLOND with a number 5D419 Can anyone tell me anything about this lathe...Date.. number built etc? Can i get parts anywhere in the UK. The chuck is a three jaw which runs very slightly of tru..Can i do anything with it? Where could i get a 4 jaw that would fit?