What's new
What's new

OT Mozilla Firefox

TFPace

Stainless
I know there many Firefox user here at PM.

I have always updated w/o giving any question to Mozillas thought until now.

I go ahead with the update and restart... good I think and go to look for my Outlook Express email icon and the blasted thing is gone :eek:

I have searched, looked you name it and can't figure out how to pull it up. I am beginning to think it is not possible.

Any ideas fellow Firefox users or have I been fooled by Mozilla?

Thanks

Tom

We need a bit more info. What OS are you running? I assume you're running windows XP.

Where is this email icon you speak of. I'm guessing it's the one at the top of the start menu.

If the above guesses are true it's possible it got stuffed somewhere during the upgrade process, but it seems a little unlikely. I think the solution is to go to the "all programs" menu in the start menu then drag and drop a copy of the outlook icon to where you want it (I think that works...but I'm not positive).

Otherwise you could just switch to thunderbird which is a pretty nice program itself.

Firefox or Thunderbird? Thunderbird replaces Outlook Express.

And all is not lost. Look through your start menu, it might have gotten moved.

Lastly press "windows button" and E, then click on the C:\ drive, then go to "program files" and look for "outlook express" and locate the "msimn.exe" file. Right click on that, click on "Pin To Start Menu."

Or you can create a shortcut by right clicking on it selecting "create shortcut" and dragging said shortcut to the desktop.

I gave up on Firefox--too many spybots slipped thru. Even Spywareblaster couldn't catch all of them, but Spybot found them after they were installed, and then killed them.

I switched to Opera--free and no more problems.

Maybe Firefox has filters to block 'em, but I never learned how to use them. Opera does it automatically.

It depends on what settings you have enabled and stuff like that.

I'm a "power user" so I know how to block alot of stuff from happening and I can fix most problems myself.

If I can't... then I ask my youngest sister. :D

Thanks guys,

OS is Windows XP

Outlook is still on my start menu.

It used to be on my top toolbar but disappeared after my last update.

The latest version of Firefox trashes the Outlook icon.
Also,now any internet shortcuts on the desktop (excluding Firefox) upsets XP .

It will give you "File not found" but will connect.
I run PREVX1, it plays nicely with other anti- everything programs.

.RC.'s link is what it takes to restore the icon.

The jury is out on the instability of FF2 on my 'puter but seeing my trusty mail icon is what matters :D

Back