What's new
What's new

Looking for someone operating a J.A Vance Planer

Warffords

Plastic
I have recently bought a machine shop from my Great Grandfather. He bought out the J. A Vance Planer Company in Winston Salem in the 60's (i think).
Anyway I have a room full of Vance planer parts .
They were mainly for Vance 66,67,68,69. Gears, side cutter heads, knives, bushings , rollers, You name it I should have it. Plus I have most of the blueprints and parts list for the planers, and wood blanks that were used to make the parts.
If anyone could help me find links to someone that could use any of these parts, please let me know. I would like to sell them all at once but will sell individual on ebay if that seems to be the best option.
THANKS for any help

Come on guys, don't be too mean to the fella, these were industrial machines, and they are pretty old, there is after all a section on this site for industrial wood working machines. and it sounds like there's a bit of a treasure trove there.

To the OP, I don't know your intentions with all of that, but if you have paperwork, records, manuals, You might contact Keith Rucker over at vintagemachinery.org so they can be scanned and put in the index so that others may use them, I know Keith restored a Vance planer a while back (videos on YouTube) so he may be paticularly interested in what you have.

Back