What's new
What's new

Looking for thick metal disc

Scoobydude

Plastic
Im not sure what to even call it. I need a circle out of mild steel that is about 1.25" thick and maybe 16" in diameter. Im not sure what to type in online to find one. Typing disc or circle just gives me thin stuff.i saw some at the metal store near me but ut was too small for the die my brother is gonna turn down for me

Call up any steel supplier, most offer plasma/oxy cutting.

They can burn you out a disc, without any drawing or CAD file.

You can also inquire about buying a center, cheaply, if you don't mind welding up the lead in, they might just have one laying around.

Local steel supplier just cut me out a 1” thick disc, 34” in diameter. Yes they charged me for the “corners” from the square, but no charge for the actual cutting. About $00.75 a pound if I recall. It would not be worth my time to cut it out.

If you pay for the corners, you might as well take them. No telling what you may be able to make from them.

But then I save some pretty small drops. And I use them too.

If you pay for the corners, you might as well take them. No telling what you may be able to make from them.

But then I save some pretty small drops. And I use them too.

Ha ha. Cutting place once offered me a $50 discount if they kept the drops off of a 40mm thick 450mm dia by 30mm wide ring of Aquamet 22 we were going to machine for a sea chest lid retainer. I laughed at them & said as I was paying for the square I wanted all the drops.

We never did use those drops but that wasn't the point.

PDW

It will become a die for fineshing my frame. Hopefully it matches the bends for older harley frame rear legs. I cabt get anyone on any forum to Check the clr for me, so im kind if guessing.

Back