What's new
What's new

Where to buy Mitutoyo Scales cheaper than retail?

aerodark

Titanium
I need a couple of scales for my Mitutoyo counter. They must be AT1 series. I need one with 40-48 inches of travel and another 4-8 inches of travel. There is a 40 incher on ebay for $1000 :eek:.

I don't have that much in the lathe!

Any ideas? Are other manufacturers' scales usable with plug mods?

I need a couple of scales for my Mitutoyo counter. They must be AT1 series. I need one with 40-48 inches of travel and another 4-8 inches of travel. There is a 40 incher on ebay for $1000 :eek:.

I don't have that much in the lathe!

Any ideas? Are other manufacturers' scales usable with plug mods?

I bought a replacement AT scale for my Mitutoyo KA DRO from the people in the link below. The have good prices on Mututoyo. I have no financial relationship with them.

$1,000 for a scale? You can get a whole Mitutoyo DRO for that with two scales from several sources.

Can-Do Machinery Sales - Specializing in Digital Readouts - DRO's

Yes...

...most are anyway, I have Sargon scales (.0001 on both axis) and a AcuRite RO on my Hardinge tool lathe.I found the source on the ebay... Sargon (Now called by another name, but easy enough to find on the bay). I e-mailed the guy and he told me what parts to order from him and the cost. Had it in less than a week and all I bought was the cable adapters from him.

I looked him up, he is called the dro_guy.

Two years plus without problems.

Steve:codger:...

I guess I got one of the last bargains for a time then. It was just over a year ago when I offered an Ebay seller $75 for a 150mm AT1 scale and got it. I opened it up and took just the reader head, because the head on the 800mm Z-axis scale for the lathe had failed. One day the number just stopped changing.

The original install was done wrong, and I never noticed it as the scale was mounted to the rear of the machine and below the ways. When it stopped reading, I found the head was in two pieces so I went shopping. The reader head had become a 2-piece head, worn right through the aluminum casting.

IMG_0221-r.jpg

IMG_0220-r.jpg

That seller had another 150mm or perhaps a 200mm scale remaining, don't know if it ever sold. Keep looking, try broadening the search parameters.

Back