What's new
What's new

M2 x 9 Button Head Screws

David Carlisi

Stainless
I believe that I have already purchased every last one of these that exist in the states. I started wondering if this item is available in places like Australia, the U.K, South Africa, Canada or possibly central or South America. They can be stainless or zinc, they can even be black oxide but they must be Phillips. They can even be pan head or cheese head if that's what is available. I will possibly need a fairly large quantity, maybe 36,000 or so if all goes well.

Philips head is your real issue, its not std any more big time at all - has not been for a while go to JIS head which visually is similar hell almost identical (normally has a dot at 45 degrees to the cross) and you should have a lot more luck from chinese and japanese sources you know the people that build things full of this kinda sized fastener.

Apparently not in the quantity you desire, at least not where you can find them.

Have you contacted the manufacturer(s) of the ones you've bought so far?

Not yet because it's a holiday weekend, but I will start that process on Tuesday. I did notice that wallmart lists the name of the company that supplied them, so that could possibly help.

Philips head is your real issue, its not std any more big time at all - has not been for a while go to JIS head which visually is similar hell almost identical (normally has a dot at 45 degrees to the cross) and you should have a lot more luck from chinese and japanese sources you know the people that build things full of this kinda sized fastener.

I was not aware of that distinction, thanks for pointing it out. I watched some videos of the differences, not going to matter either way in this application.

The link above is for Laptop Screws Direct .com
From the web site;

LaptopScrewsDirect
Rapid Spares Ltd*
Bournemouth
UK
Dorset

My attempts to contact them today (Memorial Day here in the U.S.) have been unsuccessful. I have tried email and telephone but no luck. Is it Memorial Day in the U.K. as well by any chance?

Back