What's new
What's new

HELP...Machine Tool Publications disappears.. no boock I paid

paolo77

Plastic
Hallo.. my name is
Paolo Volpi from Italy... I ordered from Machine Tool Publications the boock of Machine Tool Reconditioning... on November 7 and it was my wife's birthbay present....

Today is my birthday and the boock doesn't arrived to me....

I emeiled 4-5 times to Machine Tool Publications about shipping status but has get no answer....

Now I'm asking you if someone is in contact with Machine Tool Publications and could ask about my order or if I had to think to have lost money and predent...

Machine Tool Publications is a verified PayPal member and I paid with Paypal... but why the did not answer me...

Please help me..

Thanks from Ialy Paolo

Boy, it's good to have a wife that would buy such a present!

Machine Tool Publications exists, as far as I can tell, exclusively to reprint that book. The are in the Twin Cities area. Perhaps someone in St. Paul can call them and help Paolo out?

Machine Tool Publications
935 Holley Ave.
St. Paul Park, MN 55071
By Phone or Email:

Contact Dan or Sam Fischer
Phone: 651.458.1540
Email: [email protected]

Jim

Boy, it's good to have a wife that would buy such a present!
He say's he bought it.... I read it as he bought it for his wife ! But I suppose could be a situation where wifey said "here's the money honeybunch, order this for yourself..kiss, kiss.." ;)

Sheesh, what is it about folks that sell machine tool reconditioning books and videos ? Remember the guy here in the upstate of South Carolina that sold scraper videos and scrapers, that only occassionaly would actually get shipped after payment ?

that and they ship by square rigger. Mine arrived, took about a month. while its international (I'm in Canada), moving stuff between the worlds two largest trading partners is fast and routine. heck digikey drops my order of the next day, so there is no excuse.

Look at this way, they make take weeks to process an order, but at least someone bothered to reprint the thing. Frustrating that they are such bad communicators though; I'd give it a bit more time

But PayPal has a time limit on claiming a refund for non-delivery. I don't know if they allow extra time for overseas orders. The so-called "surface mail" service (AKA square rigger) from the USA to EU probably takes a month or more.

Larry

thanks for the answers... my wife buy the boock for my birthday... she wants to make me a present that set me at home for more time then the Harley accessories she bought last year... last year she take for me a pair of new mufflers so I stay for a week on the bike to teste it...

I only make the order for her...(I ususlly makes order from USA and packs arrives in 1-2 weeks....)

doesn't matter if the present is not arrived yet.. but I'm warry about the not answered mail i sended to Machine Tool Publications....

anyways I have 45 days time limit on claiming a refund for non-delivery.. so I can wayit.. but no longer more then 30 days...

thanks again and if someone that leave near them or can contact for me would be very appreciate..

Paolo

Paolo77, Don't worry. This is a family organization and I believe they are the heirs of the author. It's cold here now in Minnesota and they may be on vacation. Maybe Naples. They will deliver. WWQ

You can try one of the used book sites on line to see if one is available. You will get it in a week or two from the new/used book stores on line.

I just checked and Amazon has
Machine tool reconditioning and applications of hand scraping (Hardcover)

by Edward F Connelly (Author) available for $89.99. Is this the book your looking for. Some used on line stores may have one cheaper.

thanks for the answers... my wife buy the boock for my birthday... she wants to make me a present that set me at home for more time then the Harley accessories she bought last year... last year she take for me a pair of new mufflers so I stay for a week on the bike to teste it...

Paolo

HA! HA! ;)

--------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

this might be a timely place for me to try again to return a copy
borrowed about 10 years ago.

there was a guy that emailed me and offered to loan me his pristine copy, problem is my exwife through away the box (with return address) it came in!

i don't have the original email, or his address.

he was a machinist and the time, i know his first name and what occupation he was working for at the time.

if you are that man, i have your book, packed away!

just let me know what your name is and where you were working to claim it, i will send it back to you pronto!!! or pay you for it?

bob g

Unfortunately Phil the newer models have higher maintenance costs...

I recently purchased a scraping book from Michael Morgan, it took six days to travel from being posted in the US to arriving in the mailbox in Aus..

Richard

But I’m told the performance and handling are so much better. (I’m just kidding, she’s a beautiful woman, she just has her days, like last Sunday)
I recently purchased a scraping book from Michael Morgan
So you’re the ONE that got that book in a timely manner. Try a search of the old general. Michael has had his issues in the past. Good to know that he seems to have his act together, going by your experience.

Regards Phil

{Adding on edit} Just in case our O.P Paolo is still keeping with us.
Today is my birthday and the boock doesn't arrived to me....
Buon Compleanno – Happy birthday. I might just find a Chianti on the way home in your honour. Nice night for a Bar-B-Que

I must be the sole recipient of MTR in a speedy fashion...mine arrived in 8 days, and my DVD's and other books all arrived quickly too, including Mike Morgan's.

The USPS does not offer surface mail for international any longer, but post to/from Europe sometimes does take longer than expected. I waited 13 weeks for a package from Switzerland last year, got two others this year in a few days.

Greg

Back