What's new
What's new

DT- deleted topics and stuff

chipburner

Cast Iron
I get extremely angree when I spend 30 minutes putting together a thoughtful, researched responce to a post complete with pictures, web addresses and all, only to find out that when I click the post button that the topic has since been eliminated. No worries though because I've got all kinds of free time to just piss down the toilet. Thank you very much! :mad:

While I vent my frustrations I may as well give my own personal opinion of how this forum breaks down.

-45% Hobbiests
-25% glorified vise clampers
-15% machinery dealers
-10% machinery repair guys
-4% real honest to god machinists
-1% everything else

So what say you? I'd like to read it.

The only post I've deleted was the political tirade by 2x6 that never in a million years should have been posted here in the first place.

Since you've not availed us of what this mysterious thread was all about, I can only presume it was either that one or it was moved to the proper forum.... I moved a few to the Antique Machinery forum for example.

Bottom line, don't jump to conclusions and don't grandstand with your BS about me deleting your precious work...email me first, and perhaps it can be sorted out before you spontaneously combust.

(fwiw, I have no earthly idea the reason for your "statistics" on the makeup of PM members, but I presume you're assuming the General Forum is all of PM and ignoring the CNC forum and such ?)

So what say you? I'd like to read it.
WHAT, it appears you dont like the information here. I may be wrong..

only to find out that when I click the post button that the topic has since been eliminated.
The only time I see a topic get deleted is when it runs toward the spam, trolling or other wise completely destructive topics.

While I vent my frustrations I may as well give my own personal opinion of how this forum breaks down.

-45% Hobbiests
-15% machinery dealers
-1% everything else
Ok, hobbyists, no problem, good folk..

"glorified vise clampers"
What the hell is that. Is that a common terminology where you come from, never heard of a "clamper" before. My ignorance.

"machinery dealers"
Yep, these folks (members) are their bread and butter, they should be here.

"machinery repair guys"
Ditto to the above

"real honest to god machinists"
Yer numbers are askew, most here appear to be machinists. Maybe more just reading and not posting I am sure.

"everything else"
That would be me, glad to be here. JRouche

chipburner,
Why don't you just write you post in MSWord or Notepad or something, and save it. If the Post gets deleted just copy/paste your document as new post.

Who cares how the forum breaks down as long as there is good stuff in it.
SM

HeeHeeHee....would you know if you met one? I've met a few here and I'm thinking the percentage is a bit higher than your angst ridden demographics would suggest........ :D :D

man...what a great T shirt idea..... "I'm a 4 percenter from PM" or "RHTGM" Or what about just "I'm a four"....no..no...I have it..."4PM"...

Well I did have a post about soldering SS but found a product on the internet and took down the post. I didnt want someone to tie up their own resources after I had already purchased the product. I would think others would do the same. To those preparing to answer a post that is deleted by the writer, thanks for your efforts and we apologize.

Cruzins got it. Anybody can delete their own post! Which is probably what happened to you.

Before DSL, I would type a long response only to realize I had been knocked off line!

Do you mean the topic was deleted-orCLOSED,While you were typing your post?D.T. has CLOSED 2 topics since I've been here.Both of them deserved to be closed.

Guess we'll never know...apparently Chip exploded into the ether before telling us what the topic actually was.

chipburner, perhaps you had a bad day, or night. All is not as bad as you see it. I have never had a thread disappear while posting to it. I have lost my post because of timing out or loss of internet connection,etc. which is why when my post gets long I use select all, ctrl C, and then if the post is lost I can regenerate it with a few key strokes. Perhaps you are seeing some of the offbeat questions as from a hobbyist. Well, so what, everyone needs help from the best to the beginner.

Being a "Hobbiest" (sic) myself, I believe chipburner got the percentages slightly incorrect. It's actually:

-1% loud-mouth complaining whiners.
-44% Hobbiests
-15% machinery dealers
-1% everything else

About two weeks ago I started a topic, after having it up for two minutes, I thought better of it and deleted it. Sorry to hurt your feelings chip.. if that was the topic you were refering to.
Chip.. Please define how you arrived at your statistics, as well as what is a RHTGM.

His appraisal of percentages is basely solely on emotion rather than actual stats and worthless anyway. For example, I can only think of 5 machinery dealers on this forum, so that means maybe there 5 more I'm either not aware of or forgetting about. So, out of 20,000 members that would make the percentage of machinery dealers 1/10 of 1 percent.

So, .1 percent vs 15 percent is off by a multiplier of 150. I think it would be tough to get more wrong than that ;)

cruzin...LMAO :D

Re dinner in Huntersville...all I know is Sonny's BBQ...decent salad bar anyway...but then I'm not a "cultured" BBQite and as such am easily satiated.

Ooh. I put in for the 'glorified vise clamper'
catagory. That would be me.

Honestly I've gotten into the habit of cutting
copying long posts before hitting the submit
button. Not because the thread 'spontaneously
combusts' (
) but because I've
been known to sometimes type in posts that have
errors in them, that look like html code. So
the submission process jams up, and the post
gets shot into the bit-bucket.

Or, sometimes I forget to put my name and
password at the top, I'm in such a hurry.

Anyway chipburner, it's not a bad approach. Just
cut/copy before you take the last step.

Jim

One post that dissapeared was the crazy Harley engine powered fan.
I linked a photo of an outboard support plate that may solve thier problem.
I think they were bidding on that job and didnt want the inventer of that contraption to see it.

Back