What's new
What's new

Pullmax Model Comparison Info

pulmax info

MetalMeet - for Metalshaping Enthusiasts & Professional Metalshapers

All MetalShaping - Powered by vBulletin

Metalshapers Assoc. Community Sites

The first link iwas very useful but has had major site problems if it ever gets up again had an awful lot of useful info and people
Try posting your reguest on second link
if memory serves me the p13 is a newer smaller machine than the p9
The p9 I think is the biggest taking 24 or 25 mm sq tooling the p7 takes 22mm the p3 takes 19mm
I believe the 2 digit machines are just newer
you can tell capacities of the machines by tooling size basically
I have a P7 and love it about 3500#s of machine
what are your plans with it forming ? or just cutting
I believe if you do a web search on PullMax there is a site in Austria that has info though they do not list my p7
I have been using my P7 with home made doming dies forming up fenders
I started making dies from steel but when it became obvious that I wanted to try very large dies metal became to heavy and expensive , I started in making dies from mdf and particle board I have formed up to 16 ga crs
the amazing thing was forming stainless I have only done up to .025" and as thin as .015" the stainless is much harder to work , it work hardens quickly . I have also formed up .015 thick aluminum probably 6061t6 both as is and annealed . I am able to scrounge the steel and stainless and odd pcs. of hard alloy aluminum . I have worked 3003 aluminum pure joy but I have to purchase it therefore I can not play with it indiscriminately because of cost i reserve it for paying jobs . For he fenders I start with a 33.5 radius die and work my way down progressively in small steps to ~ 8" or less . This forms the strip into a complete circle then I open it up trading form in 1 direction for the other . I work in conjunction with an English Wheel If I develope a ripple I work it out on the wheel and go back to the PMAX . I had learned to stump shrink with hammer and stump . What to eons of hrs 20-40 with a hammer and stump can be done in a couple of hrs with the PMAX much more uniformly

Attachments

• wide narrow and stainless low res.jpg
    wide narrow and stainless low res.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 4,043
MetalMeet - for Metalshaping Enthusiasts & Professional Metalshapers

All MetalShaping - Powered by vBulletin

Metalshapers Assoc. Community Sites

The first link iwas very useful but has had major site problems if it ever gets up again had an awful lot of useful info and people
Try posting your reguest on second link
if memory serves me the p13 is a newer smaller machine than the p9
The p9 I think is the biggest taking 24 or 25 mm sq tooling the p7 takes 22mm the p3 takes 19mm
I believe the 2 digit machines are just newer
you can tell capacities of the machines by tooling size basically
I have a P7 and love it about 3500#s of machine
what are your plans with it forming ? or just cutting
I believe if you do a web search on PullMax there is a site in Austria that has info though they do not list my p7
I have been using my P7 with home made doming dies forming up fenders
I started making dies from steel but when it became obvious that I wanted to try very large dies metal became to heavy and expensive , I started in making dies from mdf and particle board I have formed up to 16 ga crs
the amazing thing was forming stainless I have only done up to .025" and as thin as .015" the stainless is much harder to work , it work hardens quickly . I have also formed up .015 thick aluminum probably 6061t6 both as is and annealed . I am able to scrounge the steel and stainless and odd pcs. of hard alloy aluminum . I have worked 3003 aluminum pure joy but I have to purchase it therefore I can not play with it indiscriminately because of cost i reserve it for paying jobs . For he fenders I start with a 33.5 radius die and work my way down progressively in small steps to ~ 8" or less . This forms the strip into a complete circle then I open it up trading form in 1 direction for the other . I work in conjunction with an English Wheel If I develope a ripple I work it out on the wheel and go back to the PMAX . I had learned to stump shrink with hammer and stump . What to eons of hrs 20-40 with a hammer and stump can be done in a couple of hrs with the PMAX much more uniformly
Thanks for the info much appreciated.
You have done some nice work with yours.
I'm seeking this unit for one of my Clients who is into Vintage Auto Restoration.
He has a preference to a model P13 at present, but may consider another model once I provide him with comparision info.

Back