What's new
What's new

Man eating lathe

QUICK CHANGE

Plastic
I was flipping the tv remote trying to find even a tidbit of something besides those stupid reality shows, when I came across this man standing beside a nice looking lathe. He had placed the t-handle in chuck when the chuck began to turn. Instead of either pulling the handle out or at least letting go,he held on with a death grip. The lathe must have been in back gear because it was turning so slow. Before you could blink the young man was being pulled up and over the lathe. The last shot of the man was him lying on the wrong side of the lathe with his leg just above the ankle caught between the bed and the chuck. They didn't show who turned the power on or off. Maybe the young man should seek work that does't involve anything with moving parts.

Yeah, back in the day I'm pretty sure he'd be the caveman who said,"That saber-toothed tiger is SOOO cute! It's so cruel that we kill them, I'm sure they only want to be friends," and was then promptly eaten while trying to pet, cuddle, hug and/or talk to one.

That was on "Tosh 2.0". He pulls stupid crap off the 'net and shows it to a studio audience. My sons watch it occasionally and I saw that episode.

:eek: looks like he watched to much he-man :rolleyes5: :nutter::wall:

When I was in High School shop a kid caught another kid stooped over and decided it would be funny to give him a blast of compressed air - the victim nearly bled out before we could get him to the hospital. It literally exploded his colon.

Both cases are not just merely kids will be kids stuff - its criminal. :nutter:

When I was in High School shop a kid caught another kid stooped over and decided it would be funny to give him a blast of compressed air - the victim nearly bled out before we could get him to the hospital. It literally exploded his colon.

Both cases are not just merely kids will be kids stuff - its criminal. :nutter:

I saw the video of the kid and the lathe. Around here, we have a saying, "Watch out when you hear somebody say "Here, hold my beer, and yall watch this." Apparently, beer is not required. In the words of another home grown philosopher, "Stupid is as stupid does."

My question is where is the adult that is responsible for these kids.

Kids do stupid stuff, they don't realize they can be hurt. It needs to be drilled and beaten into them how dangerous machinery can be, (and cars, people with weapons, etc.).

I am sure they all learned a good lesson that will stick with them a while.

There is an old saying that in any field of human endevour , that 50% of people are of below average ability.

And that ability when measured always forms a normal distribution or bell curve.

So just remember when admiring the soaring genuis of a Leonardo or a Michelangelo or an Enstein, that at the other end of the bell curve there are people who's last words were "hey y'all, watch this"

Boris

<<surrounded by an infinite number of work monkeys.... most of whom are intent on smashing my work :bawling:

I seen that video on Tosh.O. Although funny how Tosh pokes fun at the stupidity, I couldnt believe the kid did that. He was standing on top of the ways on the back side holding onto the wrench. :confused:

The really unfortunate aspect of such as this is it is likely to result in the demise
of multiple school systems shop programs if the legal repercussions one could
expect from the incident do indeed occur. Not just the one in the system where
this occurred but nearby systems as a "lesson learned" propagates out.
Everyone 'knows' kids will be utter idiots given any opportunity, lacking frontal
lobe functioning, but the legal system will insist adult supervision was clearly
lacking and liability is obvious.

There is. They call it natural selection.

Only we as humans protect other humans from natural selection and as such breed more stupidity. Not saying we should do otherwise or not but rather an observation. That boy was lucky the lathe was shut off when it was or it would have wrapped his leg around the chuck a few times. Ouch.

you know farmers have these neet little ruber bands they use on calfs. cost about 10 cents apeace at most. i think these kids could befit from a couple. :)

Back