What's new
What's new

Manix Lathes??

Ed P

Aluminum
I would like to replace my worn out Sakai lathe with a Manix. They are indentical
allowing me to use all of my existing accessories that I have purchased and made
over the years. Has anyone any experience with this Korean company? I'm a little
hesitant sending them my credit card, they have no North American rep.

Ed P

http://www.manix.co.kr/eng/

Last edited:
Their website says this is their USA dealer, but Demand only lists the hot wire foam cutters. Did you try them to see if they would sell you a lathe? The lathe looks like what Harbor Freight sells. Is Manix a Korean copy of a Chinese lathe? As for experience with Manix, people on this site mostly have real lathes.

Company Name : DEMAND PRODUCTS, INC.
C/P: Ms. Gina Keller
1055 Nine North Drive,
Alpharetta, GA 30004
USA
TEL: 1 770 772 7448
FAX: 1.888.534.8383
email:[email protected]
Homepage:www.demandproducts.com

Larry

No, Demand Products does not sell lathes. Manix is a copy of Sakai and
Proxxon. The Sakai seems like a real lathe to me, has a cast iron bed, tapered
roller bearings and will turn accurately any material I put in it.

Ed P

Looks like you can buy them here.

http://www.progresstool.com/pd_manix.cfm

U.S.A
Progress Machine&Tool Corp
645 South Olive st. LA. CA 90014
Tel : 1-213-489-7262
Fax : 1-213-489-2140
E-MAIL : [email protected]

The stuff isn't cheap- $5200 for a mill that weighs 86 kg- wow. At that price per pound, a Bridgeport would be $80K!!!

Thanks for that info. For some reason they are not listed on the Manix site as a dealer.
However their prices are high, I can get the lathe direct from Manix in Korea for $1700.00 and that includes shipping (Progress is $2300.00). I think I will take the chance and order directly from Manix in Korea and see what happens.

Ed P

Let us know what you find and how you like the machine. I found this stuff from Manix's website through a link. Might be good stuff if you only had room for one on a bench top.

Back