What's new
What's new

Interesting folding trailer

No disrepect to you,
what a stupid video, what a waste of time. I watched the first 3/4 of it and saw nothing special about that trailer. they show the same car driving onto the trailer over and over. yes the ramps remove but most trailer ramps can be removed. So what is special
They should show any special features early in the video.
I think these kind of video ads are done by people who can not write and probably do not read very well and assume there customers are the same.
A series of still photos would get the same info across in much less time. And I might actually see the special features in less then three minutes. I should not have to search through a long video to see what it is supposed to be about.
Reminds me of u tube videos of a lathe for sale and you can watch the chips come off but so what? I suppose a video does show everything a customer might want to see and the film crew does not need to know anything about the product to put it in a good light.
Bill D.

Folds up nicely, obviously convenient, ramps seam to be light and easily mounted, but I wonder how stable that would be on the highway. Probably ok for a light vehicle but I would hesitate to put my pickup on it.

Marci

guess i just had the extra minute and 10 seconds to waste :rolleyes5:

very slick

i'd be leary of that payload on a bumpy old dirt road though

A good friend of mine has one of the their folding motorcycle trailers. It's really quite a high-quality product and works great. I know other people that have them too, and I've never heard a word of complaint.

Buy one for it's intended purpose and you can't go wrong. Buy one to use it at 50% over it's rated capacity, expect disappointment (at the very least.)

that is pretty nice design, someone really likes welding tube! obviously not for moving bobcats. Addresses the need for a trailer that can be stored compactly.

Neat trailer.

I somewhat agree with Bill D about the video itself.

Might have been better if they first pulled the trailer out of a small storage area, unfolded it, loaded the car, drove it somewhere, unloaded the car and refolded the trailer. The repeat takes of the car rolling on to the trailer were a tad boring.

-DU-

I would like to see the man hours spent building it?
It seems to be a classic case of Over/Under Engineering. How many bumps will it take to unlatch those clamps.
How many kids will die climbing on it when folded and it falls over?
AND, look at the hot rod, drum brakes on the front?????

I noticed the trailer bed tilted to accommodate the weight of the car being driven on. That's the mechanism I've been looking for to make a boat trailerthat will launch from a beach with a very shallow slope.

How's that part work?

BILL D:

You should have seen the last 25% of the video before your rant!

Why should I have to slog through that much time before they come to the selling point? Any good advertizing gets its point accross soon. I really thought they were selling the idea of removable ramps but I knew there had to be more to it then that since a member linked it here.
What if that was a 15 minute video.
Good thing oour moderator took his time to watch it so he knew it had some features to let us know about it.
Bill D.

I noticed the trailer bed tilted to accommodate the weight of the car being driven on. That's the mechanism I've been looking for to make a boat trailerthat will launch from a beach with a very shallow slope.

How's that part work?

Sounds like you need the axles to pivot lowering the trailer so the boat can float off...
Boat transporters use trailers like that these days.

Back in the old days, 1957, I knew a fellow that was a manufacturers rep for such a trailer meant to drop down so a lawnmower would drive on it... Today that same thing would be used for the kids 4 wheelers...

The problem I see with the trailer in that video is it's flimsey... and who wants to haul around their hot rod that the've spent their life building on a flimsey trailer that may fall apart when it hits a bump.

A good friend of mine has one of the their folding motorcycle trailers. It's really quite a high-quality product and works great. I know other people that have them too, and I've never heard a word of complaint.

I'm not certain the round tube is the best for that purpose. I sold one of their motorcycle trailers to a customer, and the tongue broke in short order. It was a woman hauling 2 Sportsters so who knows what the cause was. They were very good about sending out a new front section of the trailer however, and I got the impression that it wasn't the first time it had happened. I did have to disassemble and reassemble the trailer.

I second the concern over the use of round tube. Round tube is for use in torsion. Rectangular or square tube is best for bending. The whole thing seems to be very dependent on weld quality and flexes too much.

Nice idea - implementation could be improved.

Chris P

Back