What's new
What's new

Mechanical aptitude test for fun

kustomizer

Diamond
A friend sent this over today, the wife and I took it to see if we had enough mechanical aptitude to be a mechanic or if we should continue making parts for someone else to assemble. Turns out I may be able to be accepted to mechanic's school but she didn't make it, good thing she just keeps the books, runs the machines and the houshold and nothing requiring any real skill like changing a fan belt. try it it's kind of fun and some of it might make you think, 50 multiple guess questions, about 20 min maybe.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/quizzes/MechanicalAptitude.php

Stupid test. I got 95. I clicked next too soon on the fans facing each other question. In this question forward or reverse can be either relative to the fan or an observer. Gotta be deliberate.

Passed but by the skin of my teeth with a 82%! I was robbed! It had to be fixed!

Sort of amusing, but much of it not an aptitude test. Aptitude is the innate ability to learn something. Questions like "what is the electrical symbol for a fuse?" are simple knowledge questions. Trained pigeons could answer those.

I made about the same as most of you did, 88. Semantics were kind of costly to me.

How would an odd number score be possible? Weren't they 2 points apiece and 50 questions?

Richard

I got 98%. Not sure exactly which one I missed but if it was any of them it was the one with a bunch of pulleys. Everything else I was damn sure of. I don't think each question is weighted equally. nitpick
Speaking of "weights" and "forces", 250kg is neither, it is a mass.
/nitpick

-DU-

I think certain questions had more "value" than others. Probably less points lost for questions most people would not get.

Back