What's new
What's new

Milacron- How about an official ruling on Trolling on PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adatesman

Cast Iron
Not to cause trouble, Don/Milacron, but I notice that there's no sticky regarding trolling. Having run similarly sized (and much larger) forums, I'm actually amazed at how well folks here self-police (which I suspect is due to years of driving home the no home-shop-equipment thing).

Thing is, there's at least one person here that seems to get off on trolling and generally being an asshole for no other reason than he can, and from what I can see he's been banned once before for wasting people's time for things like that. If it's not obvious, I'm talking about everyone's favorite crank, John Weldon. Who has stooped to dropping into threads unannounced simply to call the OP a retard. And later admitted that a good portion of his time here is intentionally trolling.

Not to tell you how to run your forum, but near as I can tell this is not what you have in mind.

If you wouldn't mind sending a shot across the bow, or banning him outright, it would be much appreciated. And frankly, it would be worth $10 to me a year to have him banned. Call it a premium membership if you like, but long story short given the number of people he annoys/offends you might find yourself with some nice walking money for simply getting rid of a recurring headache.

weldon.jpg

Don't give Don any ideas about a paid membership for a forum. It will being a "I'm a member of an "elite" forum because I pay for it" attitude.

Forums are for spreading knowledge, knowhow, tips, tricks, and having fun. None of which John contributes to, but hopefully that will change.

Thing is, there's at least one person here that seems to get off on trolling and generally being an asshole for no other reason than he can, and from what I can see he's been banned once before for wasting people's time for things like that. If it's not obvious, I'm talking about everyone's favorite crank, John Weldon. Who has stooped to dropping into threads unannounced simply to call the OP a retard. And later admitted that a good portion of his time here is intentionally trolling.

No.

I actually like John's posts. At least the ones that are machining related.

I suggest you put on your big boy pants or find somewhere else to hang out.

Gentlemen, I really hate to but in this post but I can not figure out how to start a new posting. I have asked PM how to do this...no response. Can you guys tell me where the heck is the "create a post" button. Thanks in advance.

If you don't like what John has to say just don't read it, no one has a gun to your head so when you see one of his posts just move on. Next you will be after congress to make a law that everyone has to be nice!!

Gentlemen, I really hate to but in this post but I can not figure out how to start a new posting. I have asked PM how to do this...no response. Can you guys tell me where the heck is the "create a post" button. Thanks in advance.

You mean "start a new thread"?
A post is a response to a "thread"
A "thread" is the subject matter or question.

Top left "Post New Thread"

Click on the forum that best matches your topic, on the left side of the screen just above the forum name is a big yellow balloon that says "post a new thread", click on it then type away..................

I can assure you my big girl panties are on, and that Weldon is an asshole. Quite simply there's no justification possible for Weldon to pop into a thread solely to call someone a retard, and that's the long and short of it. I've been around machinists my entire life and realize full well they can be curt to the point of offensive (especially the German/Austrian ones). This is decidedly not the case with Weldon, who gets off on unsolicited attacks on others. Whether this is appropriate here on PM is solely Don/Milacron's decision, and given defending Weldon might cause him future sales.....

I can assure you my big girl panties are on, and that Weldon is an asshole. Quite simply there's no justification possible for Weldon to pop into a thread solely to call someone a retard, and that's the long and short of it. I've been around machinists my entire life and realize full well they can be curt to the point of offensive (especially the German/Austrian ones). This is decidedly not the case with Weldon, who gets off on unsolicited attacks on others. Whether this is appropriate here on PM is solely Don/Milacron's decision, and given defending Weldon might cause him future sales.....

Your the baby now. Part of being a man is knowing when to stop. John has stopped, you have not.

Stopped? John's been at it longer than I've been registered here. More likely he went to bed.

And what's that? Another BING!

Public shame is a powerful tool, and I'm a big fan of it.

Keep in mind this is the internet. You will find guys that are rude and showing off their douchebaggery on every forum. In person they'd keep their mouths shut a lot more or get to eat a lot of knuckle sandwiches. At least where I'm from. I've gotten to ignore it anymore on the forums unless it's egregious.

A grown man acting like a 3rd grade snitch. You should be ashamed of yourself adatesman.

I like Johns posts to, at least he contributes something beyond the regular hobbiest in disguise crap and calls em like he sees them. I'd pay 20 bucks a year so the garage tinkerers could be kept at your own kiddie table forum and you dont have to have feelings hurt by John.

Arguments happen in real shops all the time, and you have to learn to get along.

I beleive you must fill out one of these for swift action.
butthurt%20report%20form.jpg

That they would, eKretz. And that's my experience as well running bigger forums than this. They'll walk the line of what's acceptable until they get called on it, get defensive, try and change the subject, then back down once the Man In Charge got called upon.

For all I know Don will tell me to put my panties on, but as I mentioned I have far less to lose here than Weldon, so hopefully this will at least result in him playing nice for a while. When I said his attitude had gotten tiresome, I wasn't kidding.

God I hate trolls that need legislation or a "mommy" figure to settle their private irks, desires and affairs.
& I despise forums that are top down elitist heavy. If you have read a bit here, this particular website was founded in large measure as a response to just such heavy handed and idiotic censorship and selective "management" on some other specific forums/websites.

One of the reasons this site is successful is because we all know that if you want to get nasty, it's no holds barred and mommy is not going to save your short pants ass. Mommy also does not erase the record of who has been an idiot and said really bad or stupid things unless they are racist or similar. So we get to see who you really are. Sort of the well armed populace theory, only with words, and wits if you have them.

smt

John Weldon. Who has stooped to dropping into threads unannounced simply to call the OP a retard.

Did he call you a name? Was the op you're referring to spouting b.s.? When someone posts inaccurate or potentially harmful info, they are often corrected. Not necessarily to argue directly but to clarify for the lurkers out there. There's another current thread here titled "the forum is dying", or some such nonsense. The op has decided that since his hero is no longer a member here. he refuses to ask any more questions.....which apparently he thinks will cause the demise of PM. If you don't like the fact that John Weldon is here or that spearchucker isn't, too bad.

Hickstick, well, let the chips fall where they may. Tell me though.... do I fall at the "kiddie table" or get to hang with the "real machinists", given I signed on the line for machinery costing more than you'll make in a lifetime yet now tinker in the garage making parts for NASA in my spare time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back