What's new
What's new

Mill/drill equipment selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazzotta.al

Plastic
I work for an R&D engineering firm and we do a lot of fabrication. We have access to a Tech Shop that has mills, lathes, etc. But in order to improve our productivity, it would be useful to have some fab equipment in-house for quicker stuff. We are looking at selecting a mill/drill system. Do y'all have any good recommendations on a piece of equipment that is well made and reliable? Based on costs I was seeing for equipment with a DRO and good spindle speed ranges, cost was ~$3-4K and at that point i feel like a used Bridgeport is a better purchase. JET is a top option but from my experience their equipment varies a lot in terms of quality.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

My suggestion is that you read the "Equipment Discussion Guidelines" sticky at the top of the forum to understand why this thread will quickly be locked.

That said, don't waste your time or money with a mill/drill. Just buy a used, non-clapped out bridgeport, add a DRO, and be done with it. Less time and money spent by doing it right up front than wasting time trying to make good parts on a Mill Shaped Object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back