jwatts is offline Cast Iron

Default Mobilmet Gamma cutting oil

I recently tried to order some Mobilmet Gamma only to find that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a distributor that might still have some or whether there is another product that is its equivalent?

JRIowa is offline Diamond

It's still listed on the Mobil site as being an active product. I use Omega which has a little higher sulfer content. ENCO for $22/gal.
    JR

Well it looks like I posted just a little too soon. I finally got in touch with someone at Mobil that actual knew something. Mobilmet Gamma has been discontinued and has been replaced with Mobilmet 766.

reefcruiser is offline Plastic

Default Mobil met gamma

Hi, I'm not sure if you were still looking for mobilmet gamma, but I have an almost full barrel I will sell you...

Dan from Oakland is offline Stainless

Grainger has 766 in 5's and 1's. If you want a drum of Gamma, I just got a smokin deal on 55 gal for about $8 a gallon. The price for 766 in 55 gal drums is over
    $14/gal.
    Dan

reefcruiser,

If you were closer I might take you up on it. I'm afraid that getting that drum half way across the country would put the price a little too rich for my blood.

reefcruiser is offline Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by jwatts View Post
    reefcruiser,

If you were closer I might take you up on it. I'm afraid that getting that drum half way across the country would put the price a little too rich for my blood.
    What would make it worth your while??... I don't use this and you would be helping me out.

10 fingers is offline Cast Iron

reef, email me if still available on the link to my site. I'll buy every drop of mobilmet gamma if the price is right.

To be honest, that is way more oil than I need, so I'm not willing to pay that much more than I would for a 5 gallon pail. I appreciate the offer, but shipping it here would already put me well over that cost not counting paying something for the oil.