What's new
What's new

to moderator: how to delete old posts

Bill D

Diamond
I sometimes post, with links, to items for sale on ebay craig's list etc(never for something I am selling). No sense in leaving the posts in the archives after the item is sold. Just takes up space and slows down searches. is there some way to flag the post so it is dropped after say 30 days?
Of course some times such a post brings in good information that should really be saved. like if that brand/model is good or not or other options for similar machines.
Bill D.
Modesto, Ca

I sometimes post, with links, to items for sale on ebay craig's list etc(never for something I am selling). No sense in leaving the posts in the archives after the item is sold. Just takes up space and slows down searches. is there some way to flag the post so it is dropped after say 30 days?
Of course some times such a post brings in good information that should really be saved. like if that brand/model is good or not or other options for similar machines.
Bill D.
Modesto, Ca

Well, it's bad habit to post links to ebay auctions and for sale items on craigslist. Maybe a reminder that you shouldn't do that. :nono:

Food for thought.

I sometimes post, with links, to items for sale on ebay craig's list etc(never for something I am selling).

You seem to have things backwards.
Milacron and many others don't like posts to outside sales "that are not your own"

But per the rules you are fully welcome to post links to sales that are yours, so long as you don't go completely retail on us and never post anything else. There have been people whose sales:general participation/information ratio became skewed and they were lectured about it by the owner or mods. Some chose to leave over the difference of perspective.

Myself, I am agnostic. Usually don't pay attention but it can be good to get screen shots of unusual or especially nice tools for the archives. I have also occasionally benefitted by someone calling attention to an auction I was not watching. Which is why people who make the effort to research and monitor auctions don't like "neutral" parties posting them for everyone else cause it costs them time and money.

smt

I did get told not to post auction stuff until the sale was over. I understood that once it as pointed out to me. I still do post an occasional weird item for sale to find out what it is.
I did not post the Harrison "wood" lathe for sale since it was just a seller who does not know a metal lathe is not the same as a wood lathe.
Bill D. the OP

Back