What's new
What's new

Molds

Magictail

Plastic
Hey guys new to this forum, was sent here from a Machinest. I own a bucktail Copany and always looking for new molds. Does anyone on here make molds ?

Careful, guys, I think these are fishing lures and this first time poster may well be phishing with a treble hook—-you have to wonder about the search for free advertising for his business as the “catch.”

He probably is hoping someone will ask about his business—-then the hook is set with pictures of his lures, website address etc. Just sayin careful, I think I may smell spam cooking.

Denis

PS. I am sure of his business and website as it was not rocket science to find a sure match.

If the OP is on the level, there are a couple of molding/castingfora. One is Thehomefoundry where some very capable people hang out and another is Alloy Avenue. A request for services there would likely result in some useful replies.

Denis

If the OP is on the level, there are a couple of molding/castingfora. One is Thehomefoundry where some very capable people hang out and another is Alloy Avenue. A request for services there would likely result in some useful replies.

Denis

But it wouldn't be as cheap as from China or Malaysia will it ?

From what I learned a year ago the molds need to be made for around $30 for one or two cavity molds. There may be money to be made but you better be good at streamlining how you do it. Happily some of my own products started taking off as I was figuring this out.

On Edit: Are you looking for real production molds to mold a coulple hundred thousand parts a year?

Last edited:

Back