What's new
What's new

Monarch #60 set to bore wet sleeves foe case tractor

Ed Call

Aluminum
here are some pictures of a jig I made to rebore wet sleeves for a case tractor engine. I do a rim and face and adjust the four through bolts to indicate to .ooo run out radially and axially. had to take out .120 on all 4 sleeves. here is a link for video.

MONARCH #6 set to bore wet sleeves for case tractor - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 363
I thought the idea of wet sleeves was they get replaced if they get too worn. I guess they must make oversize rings and even pistons for wet sleeve engines. Or are these new sleeves that are that out of size?
Bill D

Bill D, ..it says in the footnotes to the vid ''you can't get the correct sleeves''

Ed Call, .good job, like the set up - can't beat having a few pipe flanges round the shop, ...and what a nice change to see a chuck board being used. :)

the engine is in a 1950's case tractor gas engine not diesel. it turns out this engine is from a case combine somebody put it in there years ago it had a bore .120 over what the tractor should have had. the crank could have a different throw the rods may be different the camshaft my be different, I don't know, so the customer could get these sleeves for the tractor engine the last 4 in existence all I have to do is bore and hone the i.d. to fit the old pistons, and leave the block in the tractor. I could have bored the sleeves in the block with my van norman boring bar that would be to easy.

That's a nice looking job you have done. Also a nice clean looking Monarch! From what I can see,the ways look dandy. Got any more pictures of the the old jewel ?

excello

That brings back old memories,

My first paying job as a machinist was boring sleeves and re-sleeving them for top fuel engines. The lathe was a Monarch CK with a fixture in a 4 jaw that held the sleeve. I bored hundreds maybe thousands of those sleeves. The sleeves were step bored and resleeved with cast liners, honed and reused until the O-ring groves broke off or the deck was to badly torched.

Steve

LA Sleeve will make what ever you want....made using spin cast iron either grey or ductile, your choice...will build to a drawing...use them all the time...

L.A.SLEEVE
Cheers Ross

That was who we got our resleeves from, Keith Black, Ed Pink, Milidon, Donavan etc all used their products in the 1970-80's. That was back when it was not uncommon to change all 8 between rounds.

Steve

Back