What's new
What's new

Most comfortable work boots

+1 on the Redwings. I have had their black high-top engineer's boots for years. They are about the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, including lots and lots of different hiking boots.

White's. Packer Original. Yes their expensive but it's the only thing I can wear day in, day out. I usually get about 3-5 years between pairs. They last forever, and then you can send them in for rebuild after that. Custom sized to your feet. They have a cheaper line called Hathorn too, they're both better boots than anything off the shelf at the local stores.

The Original Packer

Packer

I'm also a big Red Wing fan. They are comfortable after getting them broken in, but require a break-in period for most people.

It is worth a trip to your local Red Wing, they might have specific models on sale/closeout. I have a pair I got at about 60%-70% off list (about $200 list).

One word of caution. Red Wing has been forced offshore to meet the cost demands, so all of their boots are not made in the U.S.A. anymore. They do mark them good, so you should check if that is important to you. I know it is for me and I would only buy boots made in the U.S.A. It's really getting hard to buy work clothes made in America, but Red Wing is one of the last to do so.

Thorogood boots. Thats what ive been wearing for about 7 years. (new every 2) Machine shop, concrete floor. No break in, they are soft from the get go. And they are made in the USA. Only drawback is they are made in a union shop. lol. That oughta get some stirred up. lol

Chippwea (sp) boots, USA made. I have had several Red wings and out of the box Chippwea best hands down in comfort.Later Jason.

Thorogood boots. Thats what ive been wearing for about 7 years. (new every 2) Machine shop, concrete floor. No break in, they are soft from the get go. And they are made in the USA. Only drawback is they are made in a union shop. lol. That oughta get some stirred up. lol
If they just had composite toe caps and shanks I'd be all over them. Hard to find US made anything these days.

Honestly I like redwings, but if your going to stand on a significant amount of chips for any period of time a 200 dollar pair will self destruct as soon as a 70 dollar pair, maybe sooner (CAT boots come to mind here). Even more so with bare concrete, theres nowhere for the chips to go but into the sole. And it doesn't take long to whittle em down almost to the shank.

Mine usually give out like clockwork after 3 pairs of laces give up the ghost.

I'm another one who agrees with the rubber mat idea, but I prefer the wood duck boards more, the more spring to em the better. Maybe I should start wearing those shoes the dutchmen wear.

But if your JUST standing on bare concrete or a minimum amount of chips, go for the redwings.

I agree rubber mats are great. But, hickstick, what are duck boards? sounds funny

Its a glorified pallet, a punch of 2x8s or something similar layed edge to edge with an inch gap or so between them for chips to fall through, with some 2x4 or the like nailed across the 2x8s, its the 2 x 4 that touches the councrete.

Back