What's new
What's new

movign a horizontal/vertical bandsaw

Bill D

Diamond
moving a horizontal/vertical bandsaw

I am going to look at a bandsaw this weekend. This is, I think, a 14" saw on a base. I do not see, from pictures, any logical points to lift or push from. Any hints on how to not break things as I move it. plan is to push it up some ramps into the back of my truck. I may have to unbolt the base and make two trips since I have a shell on a small truck. I will of course remove the table as a first step.
Bill D.
It weighs around 300 pounds

I am going to look at a bandsaw this weekend. This is, I think, a 14" saw on a base. I do not see, from pictures, any logical points to lift or push from. Any hints on how to not break things as I move it. plan is to push it up some ramps into the back of my truck. I may have to unbolt the base and make two trips since I have a shell on a small truck. I will of course remove the table as a first step.
Bill D.

300 lbs? 2 guys, pick it up and put it in the truck.

Back the truck up to the saw.
Drop the tailgate.
Lean the top of saw down on tailgate.
Go to base of saw.
Pick it up and slide it into truck.
Might help to have a sheet of plywood or a length of pipe as a roller to slide easier.
With two guys this would be relatively easy.

....or if you want to keep it upright, just use a little utility trailer like those used for moving lawn mowers. You could easily walk it up the ramp.

Picked it up today. Slid it laying on it's face up some boards onto the tailgate. Only thing is I should of tied the wheel arm to the base frame. That way it would not pivot out as you try to move it around.
Bill D.

Back