What's new
What's new

Need a Bit of Info on a Powermatic-Logan 11" Lathe

Geppetto

Plastic
Hey everyone,

I just picked up my first lathe! It's a Powermatic-Logan 11" lathe that I bought at an estate sale. Model number 1110006H. Serial number 88621.

It came with have a photocopied manual but it's missing pages 5 and 6.

I've been searching for days for a pdf of this manual but I just can't find it. If anyone knows where a link to a manual for it is, I would really appreciate it.

Or, if anyone has a manual and they can scan pages 5 and 6 that would be great too.

I've attached a screenshot of the cover of my manual. The one I have says 10" & 11" Logan Lathe Maintenance Instructions and Parts List

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 4.46.41 PM.jpg

Logan is still in business and there's a Yahoo group. Scott Logan sells manuals and you won't find much public domain stuff other than what's over in the file area of the group. I have a more modest 211 model and think quite highly of Logan.

Don't know if this will get you there or not, Yahoo being a bit of a pain sometimes- Yahoo! Groups

Thanks very much Richard. I've been through the first link with no luck. The second link is a Logan 10" & 11" lathe manual but it's not mine. Mine has the variable speed control on the left end of the headstock. Page 7 of my manual begins by talking about the variable speed initial setup and I just can help but wonder what I'm missing by not having pages 5 and 6.

I like to go through the equipment I buy to make sure it is right.

Hi jims,

I tried to reply to your private message twice but it not showing that it went through. Can you please let me know if you received my reply?

Look for a PDF copy of TM 9-3416-233-14&P online. This is a military manual for the 12" Logan Powermatic but it has diagrams for the variable speed control. The general layout is the same for both sizes.

Edit: I just saw the link posted by richard newman and it is for that exact manual.

This is for a 12" inch Powermatic but it looks exactly like mine. I wouldn't think there would be much, if any, difference between this one and mine. Thanks a bunch!

Back