What's new
What's new

Need electrical diagram for a Cincinnati No 2 tool & cutter grinder.

I would appreciate the operator's and service manuals and the electrical information
you can PM me my in box is not full

thanks

Bill,
I ran into this issue with my Toolmaster mill. It seems the machine electrics by Cincinnati are specific to each machine by serial number. In other words, each machine's schematic is unique per customer order. If you want your schematic, you will have to submit a request to Cincinnati and hope they still have it on file. If they do, be prepared to spend about $500 for it. Lastly, Cincinnati uses unique symbology for their schematics, you will struggle to decode it, as there is no symbology table included. if you need a little help working out the symbols, send me a PM. I might be able to help.

Last edited:
Bill,
I ran into this issue with my Toolmaster mill. It seems the machine electrics by Cincinnati are specific to each machine by serial number. In other words, each machine's schematic is unique per customer order. If you want your schematic, you will have to submit a request to Cincinnati and hope they still have it on file. If they do, be prepared to spend about $500 for it. Lastly, Cincinnati uses unique symbology for their schematics, you will struggle to decode it, as there is no symbology table included. if you need a little help working out the symbols, send me a PM. I might be able to help.

A customer asked me to get a machine they had just purchased running. Some idiot had picked it up with forks under the table. Since it has V ways, not dovetails, the table lifted, bending the lead screw. Along the way they also wiped the switch and speed control off a Sabina drive. the workhead motor had been changed to DC and the drive added. The customer had replaced the bent lead screw but had done nothing to the electrics. It turned out to be fairly simple- it was set up for 480 VAC and this shop has 240 V. All the power comes in through a transformer so all I had to do was change jumpers. On half voltage the contactor would not pull in, just hummed a bit, all fixed now, but I am having some problems with the Sabina drive. They are still in business so I will call them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I would still like to have a schematic for the grinder, even if it isn't exact.

jimk1960, the customer got the operator's and service manuals on the net. I will get the links tomorrow and send them.

Thanks for the efforts.

Bill

Back