What's new
What's new

Need to find a spline hub

YoungDen

Cast Iron
I want help to find a female spline coupling/ hub, something I can make a sprocket hub out of. The spline has 17 teeth, 1.100 inch major diameter. Involute spline. Maybe metric, about 28 mm. Machinable steel. The part is from a cotton harvester drum drive gearbox, CaseIH.

You sure its 17, and not 16?

I just went thru a similar problem for an older japanese tractor-

what you are looking for, I believe, is an Involute spline bushing, in the gear world.

You will need to measure the thing, really accurately.

try these guys-
http://www.khkgears.co.jp/world/break/SV SVI.pdf
or these guys-
QTC410 - Component Data Base

I would recommend CALLING, not emailing, and talking in person.

A lot of smaller ag equipment has japanese metric gearing in it, and its hard to find and oddball.

1 1/8 -17 spline is common in agricultural equipment. It is a standard 16/32 DP. Oliver, White, and Massey all used it in their PTO drive hubs. Massey has a sleeve available that is about 2" long and about 1 1/5 OD.
Ed.

1 1/8 -17 spline is common in agricultural equipment.

not even close to common, a 1.375" 21 spline is. 17 tooth is an odd ball in imperial sizes.

they made that to make it hard to find and expensive, that why we convert both parts to something they can find.

1 1/8-17 is used on a lot of internal parts. The previously mentioned brands all used that size in a hub in the center of the flywheel to drive the shaft that drives the PTO. 1 3/8-21 is indeed very popular on the external PTO output shaft.

Ed.

This coupler is an adapter to two different sizes. Flywheel hubs have a 5 or 6 inch diameter flange to bolt to the flywheel. Massey Ferguson used a coupling further back in the drive train on their 11xx series that is about 1 3/8 OD and 2 inches long, I can get you the part number if you need.

Ed.

Back