What's new
What's new

Neutrol Elero-Matic chuck control

rustytool

Stainless
The "flipper" switch is connected to a timed rheostat. For demagnetizing ?
Is the button at the bottom left supposed to have a knob, I'm guessing to control the chucks electromagnetic force ?
I don't have power to it yet. The grinder is in a million pieces.
Thanks, Greg.DSCN0079.jpgDSCN0080.jpg

Different than mine but maybe some help.
The "flipper switch" would normally have a fixed on position and a spring loaded "demag cycle" on the other side.
The light would be on when chuck is powered, Blinking as the demag cycle runs.
I can't see if this is a motorized unit. On these the coils are switched back and forth by contacts as the current is reduced removing magnetism from your part.

Another wild guess but there should be a knob on a pot controlling full mag strength so you can back it down when you don't want the magnet to suck down and distort parts
This works wonders when your bottom side is not flat yet and even 1 1/2 square shanks bend on the chuck if you do not back off the power.
Then you flip them, they bend the other way. Mic perfect, under a tenth.....check like bannas on the surface plate.
That variable power makes electro chucks so much nicer than permanent mag ones

Neutrols or other such make the demag cycle way easier than flipping the polarity back and forth 20 times by hand or hand demaging which should be done to any standard steel part exposed to a magnetic chuck.
Bob

Thanks Bob.
The flipper runs on a clock type mechanism. The button in the lower left does rotate and has a groove about 1/4" from the top kind of like for a set screw but no evidence there was one there.
If you turn it with a plier it just goes round and round with out reaching a stop.
Guess I'll just have to power it up and see what happens.

Back