What's new
What's new

Glasern Machine Tools

Honeywell Joe

Plastic
Hey all,

Newbie here. Seen a lot of good stuff so far.
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with GMT tooling or vises?
I saw their add and looked at their website. Looks like some good stuff.
Any opinions??

Honeywell Joe

Glacern Machine Tools

Honeywell Joe,
I have purchased a couple of the face mills with the R8 adapter and I was impressed with the quality. I am a home shop machinists so I don't use these tools 40 hours a week like most on this forum but the fit and finish of the mills seem pretty good to me.

I have one of their 6" double vises and it is decent quality, about on the lines with Parlec but below Kurt. Their CAT40 tool holders seem to be average Taiwan quality, decent for the price especially when they are on sale.

I can only speak on the facemill i have, the 2.5" D. I use it in 1018, Ductile Iron, and a couple grades of Aluminum with good results. For the work i do, it gets a lot of use. I use it for most of my facing(Anything not requiring a square shoulder), although i don't do high tolerance work. It will produce nice finishes with the right inserts for the material, and the correct speeds/feeds. For the price, it's a great deal.

Not on this occasion. I have a nose for that. He (Joe) would have spelt it correctly if he was associated with Glacern. So its just a lucky first timer question.

Regards Phil.
I was highly suspect too and on the verge of locking the thread, but that is a good point. Still, if they were really sneaky... :skep: ;)

I have a vise and a drill chuck from Glacern. Its pretty nice stuff - the chuck especially. There are nicer vises out there but the cost goes up steeply.

I was satisfied with them 'til I bought some CAT40 ER16 holders that came missing the stop screws inside. They were supposed to send some but never did - big surprise.

One thing that I forgot is that one of the CAT40 drill chucks that I bought from them locked up. Called the guy about it and the response was "huh, never heard of that before". Not exactly the response that I was hoping for on a less than a year old product that still looks like new.

...........?
Was that a question? In the rest of the English speaking world. Spelt is correct. Only Americans say “Spelled” And if you care to check my location, clearly I’m not one of them. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, you cant help where you were born.

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100313040237AAHlMm6

Clearly you missed the point. My point wasn’t about a pissing contest about spelling. Glacern is a family sized company, so I’ll explain it again. If the guys been accused of being a spammer for Glacern, surely he would know how to spell his Families surname, or the name on his pay cheque. There I go again, I wrote cheque instead of check. Do you want to go off half cocked again?

Phil.

Was that a question? In the rest of the English speaking world. Spelt is correct. Only Americans say “Spelled” And if you care to check my location, clearly I’m not one of them. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, you cant help where you were born.

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100313040237AAHlMm6

Clearly you missed the point. My point wasn’t about a pissing contest about spelling. Glacern is a family sized company, so I’ll explain it again. If the guys been accused of being a spammer for Glacern, surely he would know how to spell his Families surname, or the name on his pay cheque. There I go again, I wrote cheque instead of check. Do you want to go off half cocked again?

Phil.

Sorry, but that is supposed to be half-cocqued.

:)

Seriously you dont think it was well placed spam? The guy typed it like it sounds ..lol

First post, very specific to brand, not specific to anything else. Leading question in the positive.

Reeks.

And how long before the spelling was corrected? How many posts did it generate?

Back