What's new
What's new

Need help in theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid404

Plastic
Ok need some help, say if you have a press with 3 20 ton cylinders, will it only press 20 tons or do the added cylinder add pressing strength making it close to 60 tons?

I'm just looking for help, no one really helped in that thread so I stopped reading it. I understand it's dangerous to build one. I'm now thinking along the line of buying 3 or 4 hf presses and linking them together. I'm asking if that's possible, not for smart ass sarcastic responses. I'm trying to learn here.

Your ideal works good . Just make sure you have strong enough supporting structure . I use to put four 100 toners in parallel to load test a latch I sold.

The reason no one as really "helped" you is that what you want to do, in the time given and dollar amount is just not reasonable. To us it like saying "here's some nitroglycerin. Go play with it." Too many of have seen cases of stuff flying through air as a result of improper clamping, tool feeds and breakage and a lot of others. Those pictures that have circulated about broken tools and drills stuck in safety glasses, a bloody mess where someone got caught in a lathe, arms and fingers missing from getting caught in presses and shears. These are all real. They happen and do happen. The people that this stuff happen to are experienced people. Shit happens.

What we are trying to tell you is that you can join this crowd if you are not careful, and it is apparent that you have neither the background or experience to be playing with these high forces. We are doing you a favor by telling you not to build this Frankenstein press. In order to save time and money you will cut corners and that is NOT what you want to do around this equipment.

You clearly are set on doing what you want to do. All I can say is, make sure your life insurance is paid up.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back