What's new
What's new

Need recommendations for endmill sharpening in western NY

richard newman

Titanium
I'm looking for a good sharpening service for hss & carbide endmills in small quantities in the Rochester NY area. Or within 1 day UPS service.

I need them keenly sharpened as they are mostly used for aluminum and wood.

Please don't tell me to just junk and replace them, those 1" 6 flute hss mills are pricey!

Have no idea about these guys In PA, Full Service Tool Resharpening and Repair
Good to look at wear land to see if end-only might do with perhaps .030 removed...this retains the OS size and concentricity of OD to shank and should be less costly if you specify End only....If a expected long run good to have a few of each size..Decide if center cutting would be best and ask for center cutting if needed. Center cutting if axial or plunge into work is needed. seems there should be a sharpening shop near by.. Agree resharpening is better than scrapping cutting tools.

Should be a local shop in your area.
You might call or stop in a local machine shop and ask where they go.

I'm pretty sure Abrasive Tool still offers sharpening services. Give one of their Roc locations a shout. If nothing else, they'll point you in the right direction.

hello
razorsharp Pottstown pa lil north of philly
take a look at their site
razorsharpgrinding.com
and they make their own as well (hss & carb)
with very good pricing
if you need something special
talk to them
there is a 3-4 week lead time
they a busy place
but for a price you can get in line next
hope it helps

I'm pretty sure Abrasive Tool still offers sharpening services. Give one of their Roc locations a shout. If nothing else, they'll point you in the right direction.
my company buy new from abrasive tool and they also resharpen end mills too. small diameter ones we dont bother with but for example 1" dia carbide end mill at $300. each new, we get resharpened many times

hello
razorsharp Pottstown pa lil north of philly
take a look at their site
razorsharpgrinding.com
and they make their own as well (hss & carb)
with very good pricing
if you need something special
talk to them
there is a 3-4 week lead time
they a busy place
but for a price you can get in line next
hope it helps

Wow ..very good web site..Handy print forms cut much phone time..looks like a good shop.. based on that Razor Sharp would get my vote.Razor Sharp Grinding - A respected leader and innovator in the tool sharpening and manufacturing industry for more than 4 years

Yes I used to sharpen end mills and specialized in roto broaches (Hougens and the like annular cutters).Likely sharpened every kind of cutter on CNC an manual grinders. Now just have one customer I keep as a favor to them and to stay in the market..Yes I should set up one grinder for cutters. likely I could add $50K+ in work if I felt like going back to working.

hello
they did cutters for me
regrinds of up to
2 od x 12 length 4,6,8 flute
can do ball but length is limited
they did all my 1"
then i found out the make new
check em out prices are good
and specials they made me some goofy cutters
and if in stock your choice of mailing
and i have no idea what all they capable of
hope it helps

In house a good idea for the needed hot cutter and skim sharpening mid job..but yes cutter grinding is not that high a rate so making parts is a better use of time..Using the Tc grinder for ends only is fast and profitable, perhaps 5 minuets to skim an end....OD and taper end mills are best done by a sharpining shop.. using the TC for precision cut off and the like is another reason to have one.

Yes a surface grinder can do almost anything but is no where near as fast as a TC grinder.

Back