What's new
What's new

OT: Cordless Grease Guns

Richard Rogers

Titanium
A customer of mine was using his cordless grease gun a few months ago, and I was very impressed with it. I think his was a Lincoln. Now, I see there are several models,and Plews makes a gun too. What can anyone tell me about these seeming modern wonders? I don't mind buying the premium gun at premium price if it's worth it.

Richard

I have a 18V Plews and a 12V Lincoln. I love the Plews. I think the new Lincoln is 14.4V, but it won't keep up with a 18V Plews.

As a safety issue, I had a neighbor who got grease injected into his finger from a power gun with a worn out hose. The hose was routinely kinked by the end to get it into tight spaces. It eventually ruptured, injecting his finger. The doctors wanted to amputate, but he wouldn't allow it. They were eventually able to get it cleaned up, but it was borderline for a couple of weeks.

Keep the spring bend guard in place and the hose in good shape.

After greasing awkward and hard-to-reach grease fittings for this long, I'm willing to try the cordless. If it helps me grease something better than I would have, saves me time and wear-n-tear on old Richard, and helps me quit dreading greasing machinery and equipment, it'll pay itself back many times.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to go with the Plews.

Richard

Back