What's new
What's new

Need spoolgun for my miller MIG

skipd1

Cast Iron
I have an older Millermatic 200 Mig welder. I want to be able to weld aluminum and am looking for a spoolmatic 1 spool gun that will fit the 4 pin plug on the welder. I would appreciate any links for direction to find one
Thanks

Skipd1

Well rats! I've got an old spoolmatic 3. Don't s'pose it'll work though. It's got 14 pins in the plug. Plus the motor is screwed up. It's your's for the asking anyway.

I've got a older 200 also, mine was made in 1989 and I'm using a 30a spoolgun.
I have not used the spoolgun in a while but seem to remember having a adapter
for it.
If you call Miller customer service with your serial number they will tell you what works.
As for where I watched ebay for a few months, couple of local welding stores had
used ones ....almost the price of new.
David

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/wire_feeders/spoolgun-chart.html

Try this link and see if it helps
one more link
http://www.joethewelder.org/?tag=spoolmatic-1

I bought a hossfeld from a guy a couple weeks ago and he had an old spoolgun for a miller, here is a copy of his add. In California, if it is right I can go make sure it runs if you like.

Welding machines and supplies

Text of add: Misc. welding machines and supplies. We have a Lincoln AC/DC 250amp welder, Miller SCP200, Miller AC/DC 250amp welder, 600 ft approx welding cable, Ridgid 300 pipe threader, Millermatic WC3 weld control & aluminum wire feed gun, and a Millermatic S-520 wire feed welder with 30 foot cable & hose. Lots of misc weld fittings.

I deleted his ph# from here but it is in the add.
Rob

Need a spoolmatic 1 spoolgun

I've got a older 200 also, mine was made in 1989 and I'm using a 30a spoolgun.
I have not used the spoolgun in a while but seem to remember having a adapter
for it.
If you call Miller customer service with your serial number they will tell you what works.
As for where I watched ebay for a few months, couple of local welding stores had
used ones ....almost the price of new.
David

Miller - Spool Gun Hookup Chart

Try this link and see if it helps
one more link
spoolmatic 1

My local Miller distributer "Praixair" said I need the 4pin spoolmatic 1 gun, everything is too expensive to mofify. My millermatic 200 was purchased in 1987

Skipd1

Did you look at the second link I posted, should open up some options.
Somewhere between $400---$800 range seems to be where the
prices are. Might post a want ad on the AWS site.
David

Back