What's new
What's new

New hand wheel for American tailstockSBLathman

Ray Behner

Diamond
I bought this hand wheel from Ted (SBLatheman). I was able to modify it to fit the 7/8 shaft and gain 2 more inches leverage for less than 1/3 the money compared to a new cheezee one. This one is high quality. Poke the pic for more.
Thanks again Ted.

Hi Ray,

looks like it come out fantastic, I'm all about a little extra leverage cranking the darn tailstock especially when using larger drills and such.

Couldn't help but notice the blue box in between the hand wheel and the tailstock body. Apparently you rigged up some sort of automatic feed? You care to touch a bit on how that works? From what I can see you have nice shop btw!

Brent

Hi Ray,

looks like it come out fantastic, I'm all about a little extra leverage cranking the darn tailstock especially when using larger drills and such.

Couldn't help but notice the blue box in between the hand wheel and the tailstock body. Apparently you rigged up some sort of automatic feed? You care to touch a bit on how that works? From what I can see you have nice shop btw!

Brent

You would not believe the stuff this guy comes up with. Ray is truly gifted when it comes to anything mechanical.When I visit his shop from time to time , I always leave inspired and at the same time very humbled.

You would not believe the stuff this guy comes up with. Ray is truly gifted when it comes to anything mechanical.When I visit his shop from time to time , I always leave inspired and at the same time very humbled.

Yeah I'd have to agree! If I see a thread with his name on it I always look and see what he is up to. You just never know what he is going to come up next. He made me one of his avatars and it looked marvelous. I try to keep an eye on Ole Ray. Lol...

Brent

Well, thanks to both of you.
Brent, all that is, is a X power feed for a mill. Just make some adapters to fit the existing shaft and it's pretty much done. Hey, it's what we do!

Sez the guy that makes 6 cyl. diesel heads from a chunk of steel. And it's not even BILLET!

I have to agree, this is kinda like machining 101 for Ray...LOL

Ray does some amazing and clever stuff. You are so lucky to be local to such a guy! ;)

Back