What's new
What's new

New to me LeBlond..How did I do?

mxracer

Plastic
Been looking for a bigger lathe for a while and this past weekend I picked up a 19x54 LeBlond Regal Servo Shift.

Overall the machine is in good shape with not a lot of wear. It was new in 1980.

So far the only issues I've found are the dirt, broken plastic servo pinion gear ($70 from LeBlond) and not really an issue but it was running on 480V and I had to convert to 220V.

All the gears engage and shifting is smooth even without the gear at the moment.

It has a 10" Cushman 3 jaw, 12" Cushman 4 jaw, dog plate, 2 axis DRO, steady rest and follow rest.

Also scored some extras... drills, dogs, tool holders few odd pieces of brass, and delrin, few reamers, couple of drill chucks, and the two big ones, full Jacobs collet chuck set and Rototec 1A shaft repair kit.

Please excuse the tools and mess around the lathe at the moment. I just finished re-installing the cross slide and compound and I'm still waiting on the relay for the mag starter.

All told I think it was a good deal at $2200 :)..what does the PM community think? :confused:

Attachments

• 1954LeBlond.jpg
    1954LeBlond.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Accessories.jpg
    Accessories.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 211
  • JacobsChuck.jpg
    JacobsChuck.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Rototec1A.jpg
    Rototec1A.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 206
Pretty lousy, I'd say. If you want to cut your losses and send it to me, I'll take it off your hands for $1,500. You pay shipping and rigging, of course.

:):):)

Seriously, looks like a great deal to me!

Been looking for a bigger lathe for a while and this past weekend I picked up a 19x54 LeBlond Regal Servo Shift.

Overall the machine is in good shape with not a lot of wear. It was new in 1980.

So far the only issues I've found are the dirt, broken plastic servo pinion gear ($70 from LeBlond) and not really an issue but it was running on 480V and I had to convert to 220V.

All the gears engage and shifting is smooth even without the gear at the moment.

It has a 10" Cushman 3 jaw, 12" Cushman 4 jaw, dog plate, 2 axis DRO, steady rest and follow rest.

Also scored some extras... drills, dogs, tool holders few odd pieces of brass, and delrin, few reamers, couple of drill chucks, and the two big ones, full Jacobs collet chuck set and Rototec 1A shaft repair kit.

Please excuse the tools and mess around the lathe at the moment. I just finished re-installing the cross slide and compound and I'm still waiting on the relay for the mag starter.

All told I think it was a good deal at $2200 :)..what does the PM community think? :confused:

I would say you got a great deal. I have been running the hell out of mine for near on 10 years now with no trouble other than damage by one employee..... There will be those who have never owned one saying the servo shift will give you no end of trouble, so they have heard, 3rd hand, in a bull session. Must be true... not so much. Mine just runs and runs with no issues.

I "think" I have pretty close to that $2,200 invested in Jacobs RubberFlex 9XX series.... alone. Mind - that's two chucks, and three "and two half" sets of collets - counting the dog-eared but still working ones, their boxes and even the rubber butt-plugs.

Yah done good.

Back