What's new
What's new

NT30, NMTB 30 , ISO30 Holders

palacio

Plastic
What are the differences between these holders? I use a taiwan clone Bridgeport that uses NT30. Will I be able to use NMTB 30 & ISO30 holders on my machine? I have heard that I only have to change the draw bar to make it work. Is this correct :confused:

NT30 holders are very limited and are not readily available. I have read in other forums that NMTB30 & ISO30 are good alternatives and I just have to replace the drawbar. But I'am not sure if it is a nice idea.

I have also thought about using adaptors like this at Grizzly

H8138 NT30 to R-8 Adapter

but I'm not sure if it will affect the rigidity, since the holder will be protruding out :confused:

I checked ebay and I have noticed that NMTB 30 are much easier to find compared to iso30. Are there any big deal between the two?

It deppends wich Ebay site country you visit, if you go to the European Ebay sites you will find ISO30 only, if you go to US Ebay NMBT will be more popular, the question is, will you use metric or inch tools? if you are using collet chucks is not a big deal but for other chuck types is better to stay with metric or inch deppending on the tools used, is hard to find NMBT with metric front and ISO30 with inch front.

Back