What's new
What's new

O.T. Looking for large lathe faceplate

Cadillac

Aluminum
What the title says. I’m in search of a large faceplate. Preferably 24” or larger, slots would be awesome.
I’ve been on the search for one so I can make myself a nice welding table/positioner.
I have all other parts to complete the task. Idea is to make a height adjustable rotating table for mostly tig welding. I already have a large welding table but I’d like something movable and rotatable.
All the faceplates I find are on the other side of the country,or they want new pricing for them or shipping is outrageous. I’m not cheap would just think all the large old iron that’s been scrapped their must be a faceplate laying in the corner of the shop somewhere close to Chicago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

What the title says. I’m in search of a large faceplate. Preferably 24” or larger, slots would be awesome.
I’ve been on the search for one so I can make myself a nice welding table/positioner.
I have all other parts to complete the task. Idea is to make a height adjustable rotating table for mostly tig welding. I already have a large welding table but I’d like something movable and rotatable.
All the faceplates I find are on the other side of the country,or they want new pricing for them or shipping is outrageous. I’m not cheap would just think all the large old iron that’s been scrapped their must be a faceplate laying in the corner of the shop somewhere close to Chicago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Welding table rotary? Doesn't even need to be Cast Iron. Several folk selling mild steel disks on the 'bay. Some are even Blanchard ground. Why wait?

I've got a 48" but I am damn proud of it. I intend to do much the same with mine, one of these days, but if someone came along and offered me $500.00 for it I would think long and hard about selling it.

Reason for faceplate is I've seen some with slots all over radiating from the center. Would work well with all the fixturing equip. I would think their plentiful from the Iron era? Rbdjr id be at your door with a truck. I've seen 48" going for 2k plus. And yes I could just buy one. But what do I do with all the stuff to build that I've been hoarding all these years.:toetap::cryin:

Back